I complain but, they ignore me Sorry, I didn't have many letters to work with in the first post
The text says that if any of these "Severe" symptoms arise - tell your doctor! I've been telling them for 25 years that the Surgeon messed up! I don't need a medical degree to tell me that the "Chymopapain" leaked into tissue where it shouldn't have! I'm not sure what the question really is; but, anyone who has lived with chronic, severe, pain, every second of every day - knows what I'm talking about. Has anyone else had this "procedure" done?
Note the paragraph in quotes. I've had the same "Severe" low back pain (which I did not have prior to the injection). My legs have become increasingly painful within the last few years; numbness, pain, tingling, weakness (especially the calves).
So, what happens when you describe (serious) symptoms and the Drs. basically ignore you? Plus, if tests are required, the normal wait period is a year or longer.Side Effects of This Medicine

Along with its needed effects, a medicine may cause some unwanted effects. Very rarely, use of chymopapain has caused serious side effects, including paralysis of the legs or death. Also, this medicine may cause dangerous allergic reactions, especially in women.

Although not all of the following side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention. Tell your health care professional if any of the following side effects occur:

Rare

Abdominal or stomach cramps or pain; changes in facial skin color; constipation (severe); convulsions (seizures); decreased or uncontrolled urination; fast or irregular breathing; headache (sudden, severe, and continuing); hot skin; pain, tenderness, swelling and/or skin color changes of the leg or foot; puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes; runny nose; shortness of breath, troubled breathing, tightness in chest, or wheezing; skin rash, redness, hives, or itching; swelling of abdomen or stomach; uncontrolled bowel movements; vomiting; weakness in legs (severe) or problems with moving legs

"Other side effects may occur that usually do not need medical attention. Pain and muscle spasms in the lower back may last for several days after you have received this medicine. Stiffness or soreness in the back may last for several months. Other side effects may go away after a short time. However, check with your doctor if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome:

More common

Back pain, stiffness, or soreness; muscle spasms in lower back

Less common or rare

Cramps, pain, or mild weakness in legs; decreased sensitivity to pain; dizziness; feeling of burning in lower back; foot drop; headache; nausea; numbness or tingling in legs or toes"

Some side effects may not appear until several days or weeks after you have received chymopapain. Check with your doctor as soon as possible if any of the following side effects occur within 1 month after you have received this medicine:

Back pain or muscle weakness (sudden and severe); skin rash, hives, or itching