Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member Marcus[Sarcasmissexy]'s Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Christians: Why is a homeless man ranting about the end of the world insane?

But it is normal for a preacher in a pulpit?
    Michael ~ Ranting, v, 1 : to talk in a noisy, excited, or declamatory manner
    2 : to scold vehemently.

What part of that does a preacher not do?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why should I listen to someone who obviously made some unwise decisions in his life? I would rather follow and listen to someone who is successful. Wouldn't you? Would you put your money in the hands of a thief and hope it would still be there when you get back? No you would put away where it is safe.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Apparently, personal hygiene and the number of teeth you have is the determining factor...

Downloads
    Uploads
    The operative term is 'ranting', isn't it. But I bet I wasn't supposed to catch that.

peace

Edit:
    C'mon. At least give me a little credit. You and I both know that words have connotative as well as denotative meaning. Don't hide behind the dictionary when you get caught with your hand in the cookie jar Your're busted and you know it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sometimes there is a fine line between religious zeal and insanity, even if people aren't homeless. I think often when people are mentally ill they go into some sort of religious or quasi-religious thing and all kinds of things get said. Maybe they are rehashing sermons they heard or things they have seen or read. I don't think they have any divine knowledge of the end of the world or whatever.

Neither do most preachers or clergymen, they are going on what they have read in the Bible and interpreting it. I don't really think a minister, priest, rabbi, etc. who says the world is ending soon knows any more than anybody else.

And the homeless guy in the subway station or whatever, probably does not either. But then again, who knows!

Downloads
    Uploads
    because he is homeless you know no job no house dirty teeth so people just expect it him to be crazy espicialy when alot of people dont think the end of the world is close