Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

cat bites, screams, cries, scratches when i try to groom, brush or comb him help!!!?

my cat acts like i am killing him if i try to brush or comb him. he is a long haired cat, and is naughty as soon as i try to brush or comb him. i am scratched, tries to bite and cries like i am killing him. any ideas how to control him, he hates to go get shaved at the groomer, but i do not know what else to do,

Downloads
    Uploads
    Kill the thing, cats are silly they are useless, all they do is sit and moop around and shwo you little affection except when feeding it :P,

Nahhh, umm, reward it for letting you brush it, so if you can do one brush without it growling or scratching, reward it, go through once again if it growls, bites etc, don't reward it, and wait a little bit before trying again. Sounds like a long process aye?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Long haired cats can have so many mats and tangles that the act of brushing them is extremely painful. He's obviously had bad experiences with this before. It's best to let the vet techs shave him or the groomer do it. But make sure the groomer isn't abusing him as it's being done. I've seen some bad things at groomers. They don't want to deal with upset animals sometimes and force things.

Downloads
    Uploads
    try having someone give him treats while you brush him, that way he associates the brush with good things

Downloads
    Uploads
    Kill the thing, cats are silly they are useless, all they do is sit and moop around and shwo you little affection except when feeding it :P,

Nahhh, umm, reward it for letting you brush it, so if you can do one brush without it growling or scratching, reward it, go through once again if it growls, bites etc, don't reward it, and wait a little bit before trying again. Sounds like a long process aye?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Take your cat to the groomer and let them shave him - after you have gotten something from a vet to calm him down so that he will be relaxed - then start a few days later following his shave with a glove or something similar for grooming him and gradually progress as he gets used to it to the next logical step - praise him for being a good boy - short of getting rid of him and getting a short haired cat this I feel is all you can do