We have a 2000 Suzuki esteem 4 door. Last week it was in a flood that rose right above the wheel/wheel well. Someone started my car and backed it out of the parking space that was flooded, but then it stalled and wouldn't start. Had it towed home, let it dry for a week, still wouldn't start.

We took out the spark plugs and water squirted out when we tried to turn it over. Tested the starter, that is fine. Dried out the air filter. Charged battery and the car started (rough at first). It makes a whining noise whenever I accelerate. I took it IMMEDIATELY to get an oil change and transmission fluid changed. Topped off radiator fluid. Had a fuel injector cleaning done as well (not sure if this matters or not). We added HEET gas additive to help remove the water.

I have been driving the car for 2 days now. Seems to run fine other then the whining noise when I accelerate. It just seems like it's whining and not very powerful when accelerating (not that it was all that powerful before). This is definatley a whine, not a squeal or squeak like a belt.

What could it be? Alternator (we only had the starter tested)? Battery (had to have it jumped when we first started it)? Could there be water still in something? Something not dried out yet? Could the alternator be going out?