Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can you argue with this?

When ever I get down thinking I will never be a Musician, people tell me "If you think you can't do it, it won't. You have to believe in yourself." Okay, so what about those other millions and millions of Musicians that dreams of being able to live off the music they create and love performing their music. The ones whose dreams have been crushed because they couldn't achieve that goal? The ones who believed in themselves? The reason why their isn't millions and million of Musicians that are the same age. The quote people say or some variation of it is true in most cases, but not all like this right here. Especially if people tell you to believe in yourself, of course you don't but you force yourself to just in hopes that you will achieve that goal and start thinking that goal will come true, when a goal that high, isn't true at all.

The only reason people think this is true is because their are people who achieved this goal, so people say that so people will at least try instead of giving up.

The people who have achieved this has has a passion for this for a longgg time since they were a kid, and it's been pretty much their only life, not like me, where I started wayyy late, like age 17, and still not gifted/talented.

What do you think? Can you disprove this in any way?
    I don't have the talent....unless that will be the first thing I will have to work at...

I follow my heart, this is what it says to both, but it also says I'm being foolish and I can, I just have to follow my heart...which is a gift of mine because my heart it right..

ERrrrr...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Darkness and brightness cannot remain in the same place.

Similarly intelligence will not be visible where arrogance is there.

Moreover, If we engage ourselves in unnecessary arguments with a drunkard person, it is difficult to know who is drunkard and who is a sane person.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You ask a loaded question. There are variations of 'living off the music one creates'. First of all, what precisely does it mean, "to live off the music they create"? A homeless musician can create music on the street corner and live off the donations. What does it mean to "live off of"?

Fame and reward does come just because you have a goal and/or you believe in yourself. In fact, if the desired result is fame and wealth, then one is not working for the love of their art ...it never pays to be greedy. It's like praying to be rich... it doesn't just happen! it is never granted like that!

Do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life! However, you may not live in a palace and have an entourage.

I think motives have to be pure... be altruistic and do what you love because you love it not because you expect luxury. Broaden your perspective & refine your goals and expectations. There are many levels of living...

Downloads
    Uploads
    It doesn't really sound like you want to be in music honestly...

And ya it is true if you don't think you can do it then you probably can't.

As for if you think you can do it you probably can part... the thinking you can do it part has to be non delusional for it to work.

Talent can be learned like any other skill just put your nose to the grindstone if you want to learn it.

Good luck at what ever you may become.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just 'believing in yourself' isn't enough. I don't care how hard I may BELIEVE IT, I will never be able to play pro basketball. I'm a bit short compared to the pros, I don't have much hand eye coordination and I'm not terribly atheltic. I can practice hard and work hard and all that, but I don't have the natural, inborn TALENT to make it. You may WANT to be a professional musician, but first you have to determine if you have the talent to BE a professional musician. If you do, THEN you have to believe you can put in the work to make it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sure there are famous musicians who never expected to make it big as I'm sure there are people who expected to make it big that didn't. Being successful in a crazily competitive field like music requires more than hard work, talent and a positive attitude (although they can help). It also tends to take connections, being in the right place at the right time and other things people don't really have control over.

I'm a musician too. I decided to play for fun in my free time. I think I'm alright. Maybe I'll make it big, but I am not planning on it.