Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

can i complain a sheriff who take a video clip of us without our permission?

because there's this 2 sheriff who went over our place and was looking for the person who is not around our house that time. and he gave me his number and his other companion took a video.. i ask them dont capture anything because i know its illegal we are not a public property.. and then they denied it but it was too obvious that they are capturing us using their cellphone.. is there anything i can tell them to make them think i am capable of knowing right law? esp. here in the phils. law isnt really applies to all. pls help me. i dont wanna look moron to them. i want to stand up for my own human rights. thank you so much

yes i know they will used it against my parents. they are capturing our office standing outside the office but he was just inches away from us. he even captured me, and i even asked them to please not do it. but they just ignore me, they wanted my parents to pay lots of money for their failed labor case which i think its harrassing us because we have proofs that the person claiming has a fake sss number. fake name, fake personality.. it was just a referral from a family friend thats why we never got him investigated befor we accept it, but now he's gone because he steal something from us and then he filed a labor case sending all fake documents . but still we lose the case. thats so unfair , thats why i wanted those officers to know that even if we lose., i can still understand the law., and i wanted them to back off whenever i am asking for our privacy. thanx for your answers and sorry if there are confusions.i cant explain it very well. godspeed guys

Downloads
    Uploads
    A lot depends on just where the officers were standing when they took the video or pictures. We already know they did not have your permission.

Even without your permission (and even over your objections) they can photograph anything that is visible from public property, they can use telephoto lenses to take "enhanced photos".

If they were on public property, including public easements like sidewalks ... there ain't a whole lot you can do! If they were not on public property, or in an area of your property that is open to the public, get yourself a lawyer

Downloads
    Uploads
    this is kind of a sticky question. as long as they dont do something like post the images/video on the internet or try to use them in a court of law, there is nothing you can do. if they try to use it in court, for what ever reason, you can contest it because they did not have a warrant or at least did not present you with one.
    good luck

Downloads
    Uploads
    this is kind of a sticky question. as long as they dont do something like post the images/video on the internet or try to use them in a court of law, there is nothing you can do. if they try to use it in court, for what ever reason, you can contest it because they did not have a warrant or at least did not present you with one.

good luck