Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can anyone name one liberal who has argued that there is no legal right to burn

Qu'rans? ....as opposed to arguing that it's a bad idea to burn the Qu'ran?

I would like to see a quotation and a source, please.

Chuck--You're free to spend five points to ask your own questions.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Can't think of any. So now cite a source that the church involved is made up of conservatives as Libs claim.

Yes I am. Apparently you can't cite a source. No surprise.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You know, if there was a mosque burning bibles, libs wouldn't say a damn thing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is about like asking for one conservative who argues that Muslims do not have a legal right to build an Islamic cultural center close to ground zero. I think most people know they have the right. Most people - including moderate Muslims - simply think the idea is offensive.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't. I feel so powerless.

Downloads
    Uploads
    @ Chuck really? Whilst I was not able to find any data since it is a non-denominational church. One must realize that liberals are for the most part a secular group of people so probability would imply that said group are conservatives.

Junior Member ISpeakForAllLiberals's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like the SAME thing said by those who are questioning the wisdom of the GZ Mosque location...

And yet, we on the Left keep telling them that they are trying to take away Free Speech and Religions rights by merely expressing their opinions.

We Libs are morons!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think you'll find one.

Signed, A liberal.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "So now cite a source that the church involved is made up of conservatives as Libs claim."

OK. The church sponsoring the burning is the Dove World Outreach Center. Here, from their own web site, is a post showing their participation in a joint protest with the Westboro Baptist Church, best known for picketing the funerals of US soldiers and sponsoring the website godhatesfags.com. The march seems to be a rather confused protest against homosexuality, Islam, Barak Obama, or all of the above.

"This is about like asking for one conservative who argues that Muslims do not have a legal right to build an Islamic cultural center close to ground zero."

Actually, rather more than one conservative believes that. The poll linked below shows that 39% of Republicans believe that the owners of the site have no legal right to build a mosque. That's a minority, but much larger than the number of Democrats or independents who agreed with the same statement.

So you see, liberals actually can cite sources, because we're talking about real things. Still nobody, I see, citing a source for the imaginary claim that any liberal has said that burning the Koran is not protected by the First Amendment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is not about rights. This is about hatred and selfish people demanding that they have the right to hurt others.

In that sense the church group in Florida are no different from the hateful violent people who took over those aircraft on 9/11

Thankfully not all Christians are filled with hate and also neither are all Muslim people. Both cultures suffer from these fools who would burn books to prove what miserable selfish pricks they are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast