Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are Black People Going to Stop Screaming Inequality Now?

Now that we have a black president, will the majority of the black population stop screaming inequality every time they don't get their way? I don't know how much more equal we can get than having a black president.
    I didn't say racism, I said INEQUALITY. It's completely different. I can't control one's personal feelings abother another person's race. Inequality/Equality can be controlled.
    The black people that pull the race card when they aren't given a job, are arrested, etc. etc. etc.
    I know you want it:
    Actually, I know black people very well. My boyfriend is a black man. Black people that were born after a certain point haven't gone through anything different than me. In the past, yes. Now? No. This is as equal as we can get in this country as a whole. This is as "advanced" as black people can get. Black people have reached the top of the ladder: presidency. Therefore, shouldn't organizations such as the NAACP be abolished?
    Isabella R:
    Living in Virginia myself, I have never heard this which leads me to believe you are making this up.
    In my opinion, black people are being given more opportunities to suceed in this country than any other group.
    lauri203:

I'm sorry for your friends father but he isn't the only one that has ever been a victim of hate. I'm white with a black boyfriend and I receive hate from black people almost daily because of it. "Whitey" "White b*tch", the whole 9 yards. Black people have much more of a problem with it than white. My mother has been denied jobs because she is white, I've NEVER heard of a black person being denied a job because of that. They speculate, buy my mother was told right out and directly, "I can't hire you because you are white." Does anyone care? No. How is it my fault black people are poor and live in the ghetto? We live in America people. Look at Condoleeza Rice and Clarence Thomas. They both came from nothing and are now some of the most powerful people in the world. There are tons and tons of opportunities for everyone to suceed so I have a hard time feeling sorry for people who don't take those chances.
    L@L JUA YAA WA Loves God:
    What I'm saying is, inequality is different from racism. Inequality involves being racist, but it is still two seperate things. I'm not going to sit here and try to prove I "know" black people to you, but do you know what white people went through for this country? You can argue it either way. I'm Irish and the Irish weren't even treated as human beings when they came to America. I'm far from naive. I started out as naive, but the world has taught me very much. I've formed my opinions of what I have seen with my own two eyes. I've seen black people scream inequality based on nonsene. My question simply was, this is as equal as we can get. There is absolutely nothing a black person can't do that a white person does. When will black people start believing this instead of blaming whites?

Unregistered
    Just because there is a black president it does not mean that a large portion of the population are inwardly racist or sub consciously racist.
    Many people in America and Britain stereotype a lot of black people without realising it. Would an African muslim be able to walk through the southern states and be proud of who is without being treated unequally?
    Just because there is a black president it does not mean that black people aren't still struggling. The West is still predominantly white, whether the president is white, black, asian or anything else for the matter. Being of black heritage myself I have a parent and grandparents that have faced adversity all their lives for the colour of their skin.
    I'm only half black and yet in my life I have experienced racism for being half black and I have only been on this Earth for eighteen years. Does this mean that I am not allowed to make others around me aware of what is going on? Every black citizen that has been treated unequally has the right to verbalise that otherwise how will people know about the problem so that it can be fixed. If you are tired of hearing of the plight of your differently coloured brothers and sisters or refuse to open your eyes to what is really going on around you then stop listening and stop making negative comments on an issue that clearly you are uneducated about.
    Having a black boyfriend does not mean that you know what it is to be treated unequally as a black person. Sometimes even black people can be in denial of what racism actually goes on around them. These days it is easier to be Irish than black because if you are of Irish descent people cannot see that just by looking at you, whereas when you look at a black person their heritage is quite clear and it is then easier to instantly pass a judgement or treat them differently.
    "How is it my fault black people are poor and live in the ghetto?" being of Irish descent you should understand what it is to feel angry that your ancestors were treated lower than dogs and segregated from the masses. Black people were rounded up and chucked into run down areas and left to essentially fend for themselves to form these ghettos with no choice in the matter simply because they were on foreign land when in fact the majority of people in America are on foreign land and seem to forget who the land originally belonged to. Black people are still in those ghettos that were created and just by driving a car through the USA you would be able to see that. When black people discuss their plight they don't blame you they're just angry that people are happy to brush it all under the carpet so that black people are often left bitter. Comments like yours make people like me feel like we have no right to feel unequal and that we are just being stupid and crazy all because we have a black president! In history children used to be given days of school so they could go to a field and have a picnic whilst watching black people be lynched. THESE EVENTS OCCURED LESS THAN 100 YEARS AGO. So how far can we really progress when within the last 100 years this was happening to our ancestors?
    You seem literally blind to how much racism is actually around you. I understand that your mum being denied a job for her colour must make you angry; but at least she was told why she wasn't hired. Black people will be denied a job and then lied to about why they are denied the job. There are millions of people out there that are racist and don't even know it.
    Black people are far from being equal to anyone else. Barack Obama is the first black president. Does that mean that racism has just upped and vanished? No. It means that racism can be even more covered up. It means that black people should be made to feel even more crazy when they feel they are being treated unevenly or with injustice for their skin colour, leading to further segregation, racism, inequality- to me, its the same thing because those three words all mean injustice.
    I am all for equality, but equality cannot be achieved until the real problems are addressed.