Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would take her to the doctor. It could be a zillion different things- colic is common at that age, but then again it could be acid reflux, or something in your milk that is bothering her; anything really. My eldest daughter was exclusively breastfeeding when I decided to eat some chocolate and she broke out in hives all over her body. So it could be something you're eating too. Going to the doctor is really the best idea. Oh, and consult La Leche League and ask about getting your daughter to latch on even though she has gotten used to a bottle. My daughter's doctor insisted (stupidly) that she drink formula from a bottle for 3 days while she was hospitalized with severe jaundice, and she came home used to artificial nipples and unable to latch on and nurse. With some help from breastfeeding books and la leche league, I finally got her to start nursing again, and she continued for 14 months. So it IS possible, and best for your baby.

The most important thing you need to do right now for your baby though is to get her to the Dr. and see what's wrong. Good luck to you and God bless your new baby. They grow up fast, so remember to cherish every moment!

Downloads
    Uploads

Baby 7weeks. Screams after 2oz of milk & wont take anymore when b4 she would...

...drink 4. Culd sumthing be wrong? She started drinking 4 ounces at 2 1/2 weeks with no problem. Now the past few days, shes been SCREAMING as if shes in pain after only 2 ounces, I burp her for baout 15 minutes, she burps a few times, and she screams the rest of the time i have to feed her. It now takes about an hour to feed her and its driving me crazy, becasue she used to be so easy! Now with any luck shell down only 3 ounces of milk. Im pretty sure that a 7 week old needs at least 4 ounces?? Im worried something could be wrong. I strictly pump and now that shes accustomed to the bottle she wont take my breast for long enough to get enough milk, so my only option is the bottle.