My husband and I have been married for 3 years. I used to wear full makeup and take an hour to fix my hair. At first my husband liked it, but after we were married he said that it was a bit "vain" for me to constantly need hair and makeup to go anywhere. So I toned it down, and eventually after a few more comments like that, I stopped doing it completely. My husband also wasn't the only one with the vanity gripes either, several in my family had said something about it too, so I didn't get upset, I just over a period of time stopped worrying about how I looked.

I've barely worn makeup for a year now, and haven't visited a hair salon either. I may put makeup on every couple of months, but that's it. I also changed my wardrobe to tshirts and sweats most of the time. I thought this would end the debate, but now my husband is complaining that I no longer take care of myself, and is begging me to go back to the way I used to look. I'm reluctant after all the nitpicking over the issue to begin with, and I'm confused about his sudden turnaround on the issue. He's even bought hair dye and nail polish and offered to do it himself! Are there any men who can comment on this, and be honest and tell me whether I took it too far? I'm looking for honest answers.