My parents divorced when I was 15. I'm 23 now, about to turn 24.

Basically, my father just completely moved 5 states away and my mother began kicking my sister and I out of the house from whatever anger problems she gained during that time.

My sister was 18 and had a boyfriend who offered to take her to Florida and work with his mother in insurance in Tampa so she left immediately and basically lead her own life from there.

So by myself, I was stuck with my mother for the years to come.

I turned 16 and would show up to school with a beat red mark on my face after my mother had backhanded me, which happened day upon day upon day because the bus didn't come to our house so my mother had to drop me off at school and she was always mad about something.. it was anything it seemed.. she was just always trying to pick a fight with me.

Throughout the years she compared me to my dad, I guess because I sort of look like him but she was very degrading.

So after just turning 16, I had recently met a friend who was a bad influence for my teenage years, and being without anyone to really turn to, I started skipping school with this friend and experimenting with drugs and eventually one day while we were skipping, we wrote a fake bomb threat on a bathroom stall and after the small town court took the situation way out of hand after I confessed that it was me and that it didn't mean anything, my life became ultimately worse for my court days lasted until I was 18.

Because of this and house arrest, it was hard to find a job, my mother would come home and kick me out onto the street and I would be broke without a car and have nowhere to go. This happened until after I was 18.

She put me in a boys home because she didn't want me living there, a mental hospital because I had tried killing myself once and she even put me back into the juvenile detention home because it was the only place I could go.

I am 24 and time after time I have attempted to forgive my mother, but always it ends in arguments.

I have had a lot of lessons in my life and because of these lessons I am a very opinionated person. I believe in moral value and I believe in my beliefs.

After months of finally ignoring my mother, for it seemed the only possible solution.. on Christmas day I called her because Christmas morning with my fiance and her parents was so nice and giving for people who did not have much to give that I felt that I should call my mother.

My mother is financially stable. She makes around 50k annually and her boyfriend makes 90k. She had purchased presents for my fiance and I because she seems to only know how to show affection through money.

We made up, for whatever it was worth which I didn't believe would last for long but my fiance and I went to visit her today and out the window it all went.

Very badly though. She started the conversation and I told her how I felt about her opinions. It lead into conversations of the past and to her actually bursting out in tears and saying how sorry she was, which was after a large argument that I guess I hit her hard with how she needs to see things. After she gathered her emotion, it went directly back into pure evil and she went as far as calling my fiance a bitch.

She said it again as my fiance got up and just walked out of the house which is when my fiance called her a bitch back. My mother ran out of the house and grabbed her, I followed, told her never to speak to my fiance like that again and to never ever touch her again.

So to say it came to the point where I thought about striking my mother.

We left and when arriving home I had a long email of pure hate. Just hate. Nothing less than awful hate.

Everything about me, my fiance, my fiances parents etc.. anything she could say.

I've tried so many times with her and she does not see her wrong.

I was court ordered at the time of my whole school situation to take anger management because the court found out that my mother was always kicking me out and she told them that it was me.

The anger management counselor, after speaking to my mother and I, told me in private that I didn't seem to have a mean bone in my body, that it was obvious that my mother had an anger problem and if anyone should be counselled it needs to be her.. but that I was the one who was court ordered, not her, so he was not allowed to tell her that.

There is nothing that I feel that I can say to her and I don't truly feel like I should.

I am tied between wanting to yell at her or simply never speaking to her again. I see no other way.. there is no calmly talking to her, she takes everything from anyone as an insult. No medication helps her.. it's just who she is as a person.

Would you try? Is there any meaning in a parent who does not care to be a parent? Yet they will cry and apologize at times of guilt?

How would you handle the situation?