I am a gay man in this country who knows that I deserve the right to legally marry the man I love without challenge from a government that can't even balance a checkbook, or decide who is in charge of of salt water salmon vs who is in charge of fresh water salmon.

It takes ten days to declare war on another country, yet it takes 2 years to decide on a new health care plan. Not "start" the new health care plan, just make the decision. We're in an economy that is effecting everyone across the nation to the point of being homeless and unemployed.

Politicians have become "celebrities" instead of humanitarians that actually care for the country that they are representing, but I (we) can't pass a law that is simply based on love. Does our government not realize that maybe, just maybe, simply leagalizing gay marriage might just bring more of us together in pride for the country in which we live? I guess not.

Even Merriam-Webster has amended the definition of marriage as:

(1) : the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law (2) : the state of being united to a person of the same sex in a relationship like that of a traditional marriage <same-sex marriage>

Says NOTHING about civil union!

Love: unconditional affection and tenderness felt by lovers

That definition is a controversy? To "love" someone actually needs to be passed by a law?

I hear the statement "I love this country" by every politician at sometime or another. Yet I (we) have to fight for the right to "love" each other on a personal level.

It makes me sick.

And by the way.... have you noticed where the LGBT category is located under Yahoo Answers? Not under family or relationships (where it should be). It's located under Society & Culture, then under Cultures & Groups. Being gay is a sub-sub-category even on Yahoo.

Just venting everyone.... All my love to you all
I don't think I mentioned anything about AIDS in what I wrote above. And to be perfectly frank, I believe that the gay community has become one of the more "Aware" part of the population about this illness.

Educate yourself before you profess to others.
By The Way - Lord Zod
I find irony in the fact that you use Terence Stamp as your pic.
Although he is a straight man in life, he plays a transexual in the movie The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert named Bernadette. Just FYI - Remember, Educate yourself first....LOL