Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone want to rant wih me about the unfairness of parents....?

Im 17 years old FYI. If you are going to say they know best or grow up I suggest you click off this question cause Ive heard it before.

My mum just will not let me make my own decisions from what A levels I do to the fact that I have to go to sixth form even though I wanted to do economics and this sixth form doesn't offer the course. I cant drop a subject that I have a chain of U's in, I cant read my novels since Im failing, I have to wake up at the time she says to. She has controlled my life from the day I was born. This is not an exaggeration, Im of a black African family and a lot of people who come from black African families will agree that the parents just don't understand the concept that their children are not their property. Im so sick and tired.

Downloads
    Uploads
    do what you want to in life, but respect your mother opinions, thats th balanced answer.
    but if you are so sure then go with what you want, you will regret it if you dont

Downloads
    Uploads
    Same!! I'm 14 now and I'll be picking my subjects in a few months and my parents are going on about how I've got to do well in my SATS (inside ones) and that I've got to pick science and clever stuff for next year... blah blah blah!!! OMG!! It's frustrating!! I've already chosen what I want to pick!! French, Spanish, Double Science adn Graphics/Woodwork (If I can that is) and my parents just started saying that languages were 'MickeyMouse' subjects and that I shouldn't be wasting my time on technology because I'd be too busy to do it in my free time when I'm older... blah blah blah!! And they completely ignored the fact that I wanted to do extra science!! and that graphics involves MATHS!!! GRRRR!!!! Haha, can you tell it bugs me??

P.S. My dad's north african and my mums welsh, my dad's REALLY clever and his side of the family are all doctrs and all that :-@!

Downloads
    Uploads
    You could leave home, perhaps get a flat share with some friends and a job.
    I left school at 17 and went to work for a year, by then I knew what I really wanted to do at that moment in time, and went back to College to do the necessary courses.

It didn't end there - I "switched horses" twice more during my working life and finished in a career field about which I would never have dreamed when I was 17.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Throughout the entire world there are people whose parents manage every single piece of their lives, but at the end of the day, just be glad you have parents.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Stand up for yourself! You only have one life, and you don't want to waste it being controlled by your mum! Sure, your grateful to her for helping you when you where little, but your basically an adult now and you have to take control of your life and try to live your dream if you have one. You won't achieve anything with your mum choosing for you, I understand, you can't just say no to your mum, but when it comes to A levels you have to stand up and take control. Good Luck!

Junior Member chocolatestarfish's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    what subjects does she want u to do?