It sounds exactly like an older cash register printing out a receipt and it's continuous. It isn't internet interference because I have wireless internet and when disabling there is no difference. The sounds comes out of all four of my speakers, (two from a miniature component system and two multimedia desktop speakers) which are configured as 4.1 and plugged into two different computer ports. The sound will be interrupted for fractions of a second if I scroll on a web page or load something (any sort of heavy activity). Is it possible that the sound is from a short in my motherboard between audio signals and other process signals? The noise in unaffected by the graphic equalizer accessible from the Control Panel on my computer, which leads me to believe that the problem is coming from somewhere past the sound card. Any ideas?
Sorry answer #1. Not the mic.

Oh. Never mind, it was the microphone. I unplugged it with no difference, but when I double-clicked the speaker icon in the task bar and checked 'Mute' on the Microphone, it stopped. Thanks answer #1. Next time be more specific.