Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Americans complain about fuel prices?

£5.36 per gallon in the UK
    $4.32 in the US

And when you realise the exchange rate which is roughly 2 USD to 1 GBP it is the equivalent of no less than:

$10.72 a gallon in the UK!

So let's hear no more Americans complaining about fuel prices when they are the world's biggest consumers of it and are probably second only to China in doing the least about it.

Unless you count invading countries looking for oil as being pro-active!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Another rectal recital, how refreshing! What you neglected to add to your report is that the US has millions more people. Not to mention more extensive highway and rail systems. Did you know that there are capped wells right here in the states that were deemed unproductive 20 years ago? Strange how the oil companies never say anything about them. Here's a link:
    http://www.globalresourcecorp.com/Applications_Capped_Stripper_Oil_Wells.asp
    If I can find it why couldn't you?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Our gas doubled in about a year . Did your do the same if not then we have the right to complain . Maybe you should get your Government to cut the huge taxes on your gas . An have that rich Queen of yours to buy every one who own a car 10 gal. of gas a week . Her blood bleeds red too no difference there . We all have problems no sense in cutting into each other we should be after these so called elite leaders .

Downloads
    Uploads
    What you pay in UK is between you and your government. What is the tax, availability of refineries, their output versus comsumption and more. Many variables.

Yes some of our companies, and yours (BP) make a lot of money but the countries who sell make more.

Some of us here know that we have more oil to be found here and sometimes we gotta fight the misinformed eco freaks and big oil both. Anyway China and Russia are soon to pass all in consumption. Personally I think the US should take all of their business out of the Middle East unless more than 95 percent of a country want us there. Just pack up and leave without threats , promises, or anything. Just leave all of them (and you if you want )to their own resources. In six months the oil would stop flowing due to inadequate management and laziness. You can take that to the bank.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So you chose to not ask a real question and instead bashed the US. How unoriginal. We are not going to be happy with gas prices no matter what you pay. It is irrelevant. And we have not invaded a country to look for oil. Bless your heart. You must be govt educated.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i work at a gas station in the us, and the prices are driving me nuts simply because everyone complains to me like i, personally, by myself, can do something about it. when in all reality, it would take someone much higher on the BP chain of command than little old me to make even the tiniest of movements towards lower gas prices.

other than that, it doesnt really bother me. ive started driving a scooter that gets 70 miles per gallon around town.

but yes, i am aware of gas prices in other countries. its rediculous here in the us, but its even more rediculous in other places.

i wish more people would be proactive in figureing out ways to do something about it. id do more but im not really sure what i can do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You Europeans will really whine when we Americans stop subsidizing your fuel.

When this happens, plan on another big fuel price jump. Be careful what you wish for.