Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    After 911 what did Bush tell America to do to help the economy?

Go out and spend.

Most banks did predator lending, and a lot of people didn't understand the terms. Yes - thatis he people's fault, but also the banks fault. Perfect example, I was told I was approved for a home worth 750K for the Bible Belt area. I knew that was way beyond my means, but the bank pushed me hard to go as high as I could. I went half that and don't have to worry, although with gas prices, and private school for kids, and everything else going up - I now cut coupons, don't eat out as often, and watch how I spend my money.

Now, the banks are going under - and our tax money is being wasted on saving private companies rather then people's homes. Bush ruined our economy - like it or not, that is simply the fact of the matter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Did it ever come to mind that BOTH candidates, McCain and Obama, are calling for more regulation of financial markets? http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080915/pl_nm/usa_politics_mccain_dc And did it ever come to mind that McCain and his party have spent the last 30 years tearing down financial regulations? And did it ever come to mind that McCain's chief economic advisor, Phil Gramm, a former senator, is now a vice chairman of UBS Warburg, the giant Swiss bank. Here's a nice article on McCain's sudden conversion in favor of financial regulation: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/09/16/EDKB12VBBP.DTL For more on Phil, see http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.jsp?articleId=281474977373777

Did it ever come to mind that McCain and the Republicans have zero experience in writing or evaluating regulations? Did it ever come to mind that all the experts on regulating are Democrats? I thought not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12