Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

KiiSsesā™„

if we go into a war with north korea do u think other countries besides our

allies will side with north korea? me and my cousin are debating on this us and nk.... he saying that if america does go to war with north korea that so many other countries are so jealous of us that they will go against us.... is this true.... what about our allies.... serious answers and opinions and links to websites

im not sayying that we would attack our allies or they would attack us... im saying do u think that other countries besides our allies will try to attack us because they are so jealous

Kritz
    The only certainty about wars is that you can't predict their courses or outcomes (cf, Iraq).

That having been said, the type of "war" the US would engage in would start out as massive bombing/cruise missile attacks by US forces, followed by the retaliatory annihilation of Seoul (by conventional weapons, one expects) and invasion from the North and direct engagement of US troops.

What would happen then? Damnifino. Certainly NK is in no position to successfully occupy the South, regardless of any initial successes their huge army might achieve, so I would expect a massive bloodbath -- casualties in the millions -- and a quick collapse of NK warmaking capability, and probably the collapse of the NK government.

I think -- although I'm far from sure -- that it would fall apart before other countries would get seriously involved. China is the wild card here, but they have no real love for NK and are much more interested in becoming the world's largest economy than wasting their blood and treasure supporting madmen.

Medium-term result? Another unsupportable quagmire for US forces. Long-term? Not pretty for anyone involved.

Downloads
    Uploads
    the US will never attack north korea because war is an expensive pastime, and n.korea doesnt have the plunder to offset the costs of the campaign.

its more likely that the US will try to engineer a situation that will encourage South Korea to attack them with US backing.

South Korea wont do that though, because they saw what happened to the the Iraqi kurds rebellion against Saddam when they were promised US "backing".

( the US did nothing and they were massacred )

rogueriverbob
    why would our allies fight against us, if they did they would not be our allies,.....and we would smash then like a bug,.....remember,.....walk softly and carry a big stick,.....

Downloads
    Uploads
    The U. S. is not going to war against N. Korea, N. Korea doesn't have the capital to finance a war against anyone.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The U. S. is not going to war against N. Korea, N. Korea doesn't have the capital to finance a war against anyone.

+ Reply to Thread