Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

I was interested in making website, I was wondering if there are any good

places with free hosting? I want to make a website, but i need a good free hosting site. Please get back to me ASAP! Thanks so much!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think bravenet.com is a good free site. Of course there are the typical ads, and even occasional pop-up ad, but if you use firefox the ads don't show up. It's nice because it has an ftp applet for quick transfer for your site from Dreamweaver to bravenet. There are some limitations to size on the free site, and I would definitely NOT recommend using bravenet as a paid host for your website. I think Yahoo or GoDaddy has a better hosting service.

http://www.freecsstemplates.org/ is also good for people who can't code that great, but know what they are doing. You can alter their code as much as you want, and they have great layouts!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by ashley b View Post
    places with free hosting? I want to make a website, but i need a good free hosting site. Please get back to me ASAP! Thanks so much!

Hi don't use free web hosting . Here i mentioned some of the disadvantages of free web hosting.

Fewer Features:

Hosting providers are businesses. They’re not operating for you to run your website; they’re operating in order to make money for their owners. Most free providers also provide paid plans—the free plans are designed to get potential customers for those paid plans. What this means is that, by default, the free plans are going to have fewer features than the paid ones; you need to have motivation to upgrade, after all.

Limited Disk Space and Bandwidth

Disk space is typically limited in free hosting. Most free providers offer 512MB to 1GB of disk space for you to use. That’s not bad, but it’s not good; it’s enough space for basic HTML pages, yes, but complex scripts, images, audio files, or downloadable applications will all burn through your space with great rapidity.

The steep limits on bandwidth are also an issue. If your site becomes popular, users can easily eat through the handful of gigabytes you’re given in traffic, pulling it down until the next month.

So better you can go for paid web hosting service.

I have designed my website by using website builder tool. I got this website builder tool 9cubehosting.com from this site at free of cost. Here i have registered my domain name and also hosted my sites. So they are providing this web site builder tool at free of cost. Then i made a colorful web site.Now my websites are very good look.You can also registered your domain name and hosted your website from this site. Then get website builder tool at free of cost. Using this builder tool you can make your website in your own style.Important thing there is no technical knowledge is needed for create that website. Any one can easily designed our web site in our own style.

+ Reply to Thread