Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    psychosomaticaddictinsane

How do I expose a scam for a local "job interview"?

Sorry if this is somewhat off-topic, but I dunno where else to post it. I answered a classified ad recently...

AIRCRAFT/BOAT teflon service. $750-$950/wk. Jobs in 909/951 area. NOW HIRING (949) 555-1234 (number obviously changed by me)

I called the number, they said that this was an hourly position, and scheduled me for an interview. I drove to this so-called "interview", and it ended up being a scam to get me to spend $3000 to start my own "franchise" with them. When I asked about the hourly position, the guy started belittling me... and when I said that I'd rather spend the money on a degree, he called me "unambitious" and "foolish". He also swore quite a bit and made sexist jokes during the "interview".
    Anyhow, does anyone know a good way to expose this fraud, like via a newspaper or something? It'd be nice to enact some karma on him for being so unscrupulous.

...Oh yeah, and if anyone wants to contact them to see how much of a scam they are, go to www.tropic-shield.com.

Eirene Goddess of Peace
    Most of those Pyramid schemes and such go under the radar and can never be stopped. If you like you can try the Better Business Bureau, but I doubt they can do anything.

captain
    Why don't you try your newspaper - ask the journalists if they would do a story or contact Fraud Squad at you local police station. Hope you expose them.

Johnny B
    Go to the police.

Amanda
    maybe try the BBB (Better Business Bureau) Not sure if they could help you out or not but they might be able to.

Heaven L
    This exact same thing happened to me. Its a multi level marketing scheme. I went to a place with the intention of getting a job and they tried to sell me a water filtration system for 3000, and i would in turn have to lie to other people to come to the presentation and they would then be coaxed into buying it, at which point i would get $250. Needless to say i laughed in their face and left. Unfortunately theres nothing you can do about it. If you want you can post a warning to people on job boards if thats where you found it.

Bandit
    Call the police department and tell them the story. They might have a chat with these guys.

candleinthewind7579
    Contact the Attorney General's office of your state...this is fraud of a sort, and not legal

cindy_cee13
    Sounds like a fraud, and maybe it is. You should report it to your State board of labor. Don't know who else. Maybe call the police department and ask if they have a fraud division.

Abdelrahman
    OMG dude i swear to god that happened to my mom, but they would act in a way so they make u do something wrong. If u really into get them out to jail, use some kind of a mic or phone beside u and record.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast