Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
+ Reply to Thread
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Black In America" on CNN?

Has anyone else watched this show? Dont you think it should be called "Poor in America"? I mean there are some valid points made in the show but they pertain to being poor more than being black. I know plenty of poor white people with the same exact problems. They also live in the"inner city" they also dont get enough food stamps to last the month and they also get evicted. Why make it a "black thing?" It is 2008 and I just wish that the media would call it what it is a "poor thing" anyone agree?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmmm. valid argument you have but i think more so the point that they were making is that why are blacks disproportionately more affected with HIV, poverty, unemployment, etc than whites or other groups? And why have these things become cyclical..meaning why does it continue to happen through generation through generation. Oh yeah, there are definitely poor white folks out there and poor people who aren't black, but i think the Black in America series wanted to bring light issues that are often exaggerated/more present,pronounced in a certain community.

+ Reply to Thread