How seriously should I take this rumour, AIDS & H.I.V?

TarTarSauce

Jul 2, 2009
Sometime after arriving to a new college, I started sitting next to this guy in my accounting class-'C'. We'd hang out at the library, and do assignment together, etc.He says, ' The word around campus is this guy, 'Y', has a disease(H.I.V). Messed a lot of girls up last year.Don't do it with this guy, 'Y'' Didn't think much of it, and I didn't know why he would mention that, in the middle of our studying together. Then he goes, ' So Do you have a man?'It's obvious he likes me, and he starts calling me off the hook, and I tell him kindly to leave me alone.
4 months later, a friend of mine tells me some guys on the football team really like you, including 'Y'. At this point I've already forgotten who 'Y' is and pay no mind to what 'C' said.'C' asks me to work for him, and says it's a paid position just to lure me in into his organisation-I never got Paid. I finally bump into 'Y', who asks me out, and whatever else ensues, and then I mention 'C', who 'Y' says is a gay fat n_____.
I'm not sure if these are just vicious rumours being thrown around between them. One's a bit of a brown noser and then other's just a Jock. I haven't heard much about 'Y', except for he sleeps around ALOT. The girls he's been with say he's a jerk but not much else. Regardless I'm getting tested for H.I.V anyway...do you think this is silly? Am I taking this rumour too seriously, seeing as the guy who told me about the H.I.V was really into me at the time?

No you are not. HIV is pretty serious and early treatement is very important. It's not even relavant whether it was a rumour or not, if there is a chance you could have gotten it, check it out.

Better safe than sorry right? Besides, if you've never had and HIV test its a good idea to get one just to know. You don't have to wait until you think you might be at risk, its ok to just get tested to know. You should get tested for stds regularly anyway, its smart.

Point is if you have unprotected sex with him then you need to get tested. If it comes out negative then wait 6 months and get tested again just to be sure. It takes about 6 months to start affecting you. If you haven't slept with him and plan to use protection of course! If you have a choice not to (which you always do) the don't because you can never be too safe. Wish you the best.

Wait, did you do it with him, "Y"?

If so you should get tested, never can be too safe.

Better safe than sorry right? Besides, if you've never had and HIV test its a good idea to get one just to know. You don't have to wait until you think you might be at risk, its ok to just get tested to know. You should get tested for stds regularly anyway, its smart.

If you had any kind of sexual encounters with C or Y, the answer would be yes take the test. Always wear condoms anyway. You should leave C and Y alone

If you had any kind of sexual encounters with C or Y, the answer would be yes take the test. Always wear condoms anyway. You should leave C and Y alone

Not to be rude or anything but what I think is "silly" is that you don't have guys wear condomns. You are going to college and you don't know enough to protect yourself from STD"s?

What class did you miss?

Point is if you have unprotected sex with him then you need to get tested. If it comes out negative then wait 6 months and get tested again just to be sure. It takes about 6 months to start affecting you. If you haven't slept with him and plan to use protection of course! If you have a choice not to (which you always do) the don't because you can never be too safe. Wish you the best.

Lol they both sound pretty immature to me, sounds like a typical "feud" over some minor crap that escalated...or maybe not so minor, either or, there is beef going on between them two. If someone really infected ALL of those women though, then they could get the death sentence for that in some states you know, so one girl might keep quiet but MULTIPLE women would DEFINITELY land "Y" in the slammer for infecting all of them with what is basically a viral death sentence.

I would say if you want a relationship with him, before sex make sure he has medical records. But don't make it "about him" or mention the rumor.

On the FIRST DATE...just MENTION that you "force all of your boyfriends to show me HIV results before any nookie"...and you should be alright.

Back