MAP affiliates

usmank

Apr 7, 2008
For those of you unaware, MAP currently pays for itself from your indirect contributions by way of affiliate purchases. However, we're going through a bit of a dry spell at the moment, possibly due to the supposed recession we're going through right now.

As such, this may cause problems for us in the gold-plated MAP control centre if people stop spending at Amazon and our other affiliates. As such, I would quite like to get some feedback as to what else people might like to see on the MAP affiliates list. Please note that we're currently looking for Play.com but things are going slower than I'd hoped they would!

I have an extremely large list of potential affiliates through a number of schemes, and will happily add ones that I can find which match member requirements.

We have a number of martial arts suppliers already signed up, and you can find them on the affiliates page (linked in my sig or at the top of every page on the website!). We also have a couple of other general interest ones, and can easily set up affiliates for various categories of business, for example:
ComputersBankingHolidaysGamingClothing
I'm more than happy to simply browse away and find things, but it would be really useful to get some feedback from the members. Will you use the schemes to help us keep MAP running? Which schemes would you use? Would you prefer to see the affiliates page listed in a different way to make it easier for you?

All suggestions are welcome, and remember that it doesn't cost you anything to use these links, but every purchase made using one of them helps us keep the site going, and if enough people use them we can pay for a server upgrade to help speed the site up a bit!

Just as a reminder to everyone, you can set the links on your "favourites" menu to point to the MAP affiliate links so, for example, if you have an Amazon.co.uk link on your browser, you can point it at http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/redirect-home?tag=martialartspl-21&site=amazon so that MAP gets helped every time you order, even if you don't link from MAP itself. Likewise for Amazon.com it's http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect?tag=martialartspl-20&path=subst/home/home.html

We're now affiliated with offtopicUniverse.com too!

Check out the MAP Affiliates page and click the banner

We now have links to MyMemory and CD Wow. Remember them both for Christmas shopping and such!

We've been accepted for Red Letter Days, Gadgetshop and Needapresent. Please continue to check out these affiliates in the run up to Christmas, as it literally costs you nothing to help keep this site running and to help us upgrade the performance to speed load times up again!

Ok, we're going to be uploading a whole load of new affiliates later today, including the much-requested Play.com. So if you have anything you were going to buy from there today, STOP and wait until you can buy AND support this forum at the same time!

Seems to be more activity in Off Topic at the moment, so let's see if this thread gets more views here!

Play.com!!!!
We're also affiliated with Sky.com who'll give us [highlight]up to £85[/highlight] (ie enough to keep the site running for a month) for each contract taken out and with Vodafone who are nice enough to send up to £45 per contract our way

Another couple of affiliates for you all today:

Tees for all (our second US affiliate), a t-shirt company that give us a nice little kicker when you buy through them.

Ebookers, a great value flight/holiday booking company.

Anyone have anything else they want to see in this list?

We've been at it again and have a whole host of new affiliates

For Brits we have Adobe Software for all your Photoshopping requirements and, to do our bit for the environment (laugh, I did ) we have Mazuma Mobile who will recycle your old mobile phone for you and give you a healthy payment in return.

For those on the wrong side of the Atlantic we have even more new affiliates!

You too get Adobe but you also get Corel Software, Buy.com, TheNerds.net, DVD Planet and Books A Million.

Check out our Affiliates area for the links!

I've just bought a load of stuff from another affiliate. www.play.com. How do I know that some of my money went to MAP?

If you went through our link (above and in the affiliates area) then it will automatically be credited to us. Aegis will be able to check it whenever he's around.

I just bought some stuff on IWOOT too. I'll make sure Aegis checks the accounts at some point.

We don't currently have any supplements affiliates on the wrong side of the pond. If you have links then send them to Aegis and myself and we'll look into them*

*Translation: if they have an affiliate scheme we'll have a link within two days if we're lucky, a week if we're not.

The "wrong side"....lol nice!

I'm at work now, but if noone else chimes in before I get home I will send a link later today!

Nice one

We're always on the hunt for new affiliates so if anyone else has any sites they use a lot which have affiliate schemes then please let us know!

This one may be ironic after a spell of downtime like we've just had but our latest affiliate is vBulletin. We get a massive 20% commission for each license sold through our link!

If you've bought anything and want to ensure that it's helping us out, send me a message saying where you bought from, the amount and the order ID. That way I can ensure that it successfully tracks and will make sure our payment comes through

Will iHealthTree help while I wait for a couple of other links to arrive? I just added that one to the affiliates page, so have a browse and buy if you like what you see. 10% goes to MAP.

Back