The reason why I'm asking this is because even though it states in the Bible that mankind will not be able to predict the date nor the hour of the end of humanity, some Fundamentalists still fell for this crap and say that the rapture will be on 12/21/12. I'm just wondering why this is so.
@Vin: I didn't say 'all' I said "some" for a reason.

Alright. I'll use one example of Fundies who believed that the coming of Christ would be of this year: Harold Camping. He's a self-proclaimed Christian who said that the rapture would be on May 21st, 2011. Then went on to say that there would be five months of torture for the rest of us until October 21st, then came Judgment Day.

Well, we're still alive, right? And those were some fundamentalist Christians who believed this man's prophecy, right?

Now, go use your amazing Google skills and see how some Christians actually tried to use the Bible to prove the validity of the Mayan prophecy.

I actually stumbled upon a couple of videos about Jesus coming back in 2018. By Christians. I fail to see how I'm generalizing.