This is baffling to me, and hope some one can shed some light...

In the US nearly 60% of total High School Students drop out before graduation. Everyone agrees that the public school system in our country is failing our kids as we are ranked far below in worldwide math,english and science.

Republicans have proposed for years (and recently McCain announced his desire for school vouchers). If you aren't aware what a voucher is, it is: Parents who reside in an area where their assigned public school is failing, is a plight and can not keep students coming,may recieve a voucher to CHOOSE the school of thier choice, private, charter or another public. Currently, your school district decides where your children go to school based on your address.

Democrats and specifically Obama strongly oppose vouchers. They do not want parents to have a CHOICE when it comes to education.
They do want the CHOICE when it comes to abortion, they do want the choice in gay marriage but not the CHOICE for the future!
This in return affects property values. (EX.) If JFK H.S (in Los Angeles) enrollment CHOOSE to exit and go to (Woodland H.S) due to better grad rates, you can bet JFK will get their act together real fast. If you live by JFK, there went your home value!

My note* I work in the public school system in Los Angeles, my elementary age child's school falls WAY below the state and national average. I can not aford private school, and all "transfer" requests are no honored. Parents consistantly request the school "the the west of us" because their API is well over 820.

I just don't get it. Whether your CHOICE is Obama or MCCain, does this not worry parents? Or is abortion and gay rights hold a higher motive for your vote?

Your thoughts?

http://www.childtrendsdatabank.org/indicators/1HighSchoolDropout.cfm