Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Would it be righteous of God to tell someone several details about their...

...distant future? Even if the person doesn't want God to tell them? Why does He do that, if He knows the person doesn't want to know their future? Aren't people supposed to form what they want for their own future? Aren't we supposed to write our own stories, without trying to struggle against a future that God says WILL happen?

Downloads
    Uploads
    God does not make you do anything. People think that because he knows the future, its because he planned it all out. If I tell you the ending of a movie, it does not mean I made the movie, it just means that I watched it before you did.

God sends messages to people that need to hear it at a specific time in their lives.God did not tell us to form our own future ( that is the way of the world), he wants us to seek his will . Even Christ showed us the perfect example of living for God, as being his purpose. I was told some personal information once by a total and complete stranger, who said she had a message from God. People must remember, there is no condemnation in Christ. Some people condemn themselves and blame it in God. God does not force anything on anyone and people can always hear a message and refuse to act on it, many people do that unfortunately. God loves you and you can always ask Him any question you have.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's the conflict between the ideas of omnipotence and omniscience, and the clash with free will.

If god is omniscient, on Wednesday he knows you will eat a banana on Friday. His knowing that means it is a certainty, with no room for choice.

However, if he knows that, then the future is fixed, so he cannot change it. You are predestined to eat that banana.

If he is omnipotent, he can choose on Thursday to make you not eat that banana on Friday. However, then he is not omniscient on Wednesday, as he only decided on Thursday what the outcome will be.

If god has already decided the outcome, then you will eat that banana on Friday, and have no free will to do otherwise.

If you have free will, then he cannot know your decision beforehand.

I think the logical implications of all this hasn't been fully thought out by those that wrote down the religion. Someone got a lot of abuse for mentioning this earlier...