Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Will a piece of loose paper within my laptop cause problems in the future?

My sister's laptop got a piece of paper lodged into the fan, when I went to remove it, it disappeared from where I found it. I believe its still within the laptop but now out of sight. Will it cause problems to her laptop if it gets caught in any electronic component? could it catch on fire? or slow down the computer cause it can cause a resistance to the electronic components? I have seen tags on the ram components and other pieces of paper within computer components and they don't seem to bother the computer at all, so I am moving towards its not a big deal...however this piece of paper is loose...

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The only problem i can think of is if the paper blocks airflow/fan then the computer could overheat and be ruined. I would advise opening up the computer and trying to get it out.

whenever opening a computer case be sure not to touch components with your hands or metal objects, because static electricity could ruin parts. If you have to touch something touch the outside of the computer to discharge static first.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It could cause a couple of problems. One is that it could hold an electrical charge that could damage components.

The second is that it could catch fire.

I would take it in and get that paper out. It should cost that much and will save you money if something bad happens with that paper in there.