Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

will my husband in the future treat me like a trash if i fully depend on him,

financially? i know many housewives are being treated very good by their husbands. they’re fulfilled and happy. i also know many career women who are being treated like servants. they’re manipulated by their husbands and sons by giving all the money that their men asked.

but, the "career women who are manipulated by their men” however, can at least look good for living with financial freedom; they won’t be deprived only because nobody is supporting them. my mom is one. although my late dad (died 12 yrs ago) is considerably a real man who doesn’t ask money from my mom, but that’s not how my elder brothers are. they’re all financially gay s even though they work and already married, coz not just that they can’t give any cash to my mom, but they even ask more from her. not 1 or 2 thousands but 10, 20 thousands, in fact. surprisingly, that’s not how my elder sisters are; they’re proud independent women who don’t trouble my mom, financially. that’s why mom kept on telling me “with sons like these, I can’t imagine how horrible it would be if I depend on them for a living”. it freaks me out too.

all men are lifetime living sexist; that’s the biggest problem. I’ve been thinking for my future, on how to deal with the men later on. I’m scared if I don’t have a career at that time, my husband would always look down on me and I’ll be deprived when he’s gone. but even if I work, I might be facing lotsa sexism in workplace and more open to the risk of sexual harassments.

and so, I’m torn apart; wanting to hit 2 birds with 1 stone but I’m clueless.

I want to live a decent life but it would be harder for me with being exposed to plenty of temptations out there.

but if i become a housewife in the future, I'm afraid i won't get the chance to live a life with full of respect & independence since i'm not making money.

so, should I just earn on my own, or depend on my husband financially, to get both of the things?

note: yeah it’s always harder if you’re a woman.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know your 'future' husband but if you are asking on yahoo how someone you supposedly married would treat you badly then you are obviously only looking to find views similar to your own.

Lets use logic here and go back to the days where predominantly men would support financially do you truly believe all those women were treated like trash *sigh*

Most likely you will end of doing both do what you feel the most comfortable with.
    Also the fact that you view all men as sexist is in itself sexist and you might want to examine your view on all men before you accuse an entire gender of being sexist

Downloads
    Uploads
    Even if you and your spouse choose to divide up the labour this way or that way, it's always best to be *able* to take care of yourself and step up and pay the bills if you need or want to. This means you *and* it also means him. If something happened to you, he should be able to keep house and change a diaper. And if something happened to him, you should be able to bring in a paycheque.

If I were in your shoes and met a guy who was happy with me being a housewife, I think I would still have some kind of job training and take a part time job here and there so that my resume would not be completely blank for 20 years running or something. I think you are way overestimating how hard it is for a woman in the workplace. I've only run into overt sexism once in 10 years of jobs, and I've never been sexually harrassed by any coworker. This isn't the '60s. Get out there in the world, and I think you'll find that it's not so terrible after all.

Junior Member ScreenNameGoesHere's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you are independently wealthy then you don't need to do paid work.

If you're not, you'll be doing paid work. Families just can't make it on one salary these days. If you husband to be ever lost his job in say... a recession... you and he would be eating at soup kitchens. If he were to dump you, you would also be in economic dire straights.

Its much more prudent to do some kind of career training and be able to support yourself than it is to be working at Walmart for minimum wage until you die of overwork and old age. Its happened to millions and millions of women just like you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Look, if you want to be independent, go down your own thing. Pull down a living. Stop throwing yourself a gender-based pity party.

And what "sexual harassment" are you so afraid of? Assuming that someone would hit on you, are you really unable to take it? If so, maybe you aren't cut out for life in the real world.

Honestly, I can't believe you think that this is a hard thing.