Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Will my future rig run Crysis on Ultra High at a good FPS?

My friend is letting me borrow his eVGA 9800 GTX video card. I'm upgrading from an old athlon 64 3200+, ASUS k8n-e deluxe to a ASUS M2n-SLI (non deluxe- since i need 2 IDE connectors) and an AMD 64 X2 5400+ Black Edition processor.

Question 1) With this rig with the eVGA vid card, and 4GB RAM Corsair 4-4-4-12 latency TwinX XMS2, PC6400, will this run Crysis on Ultra High or Just High?

Question 2) Also, the mobo supports SLI and has PCI-e 16x but v1.0 and the vid card supports PCI e2.0. Will there be a huge difference in gaming?

Question 3) I'm opening the multiplier on the processor and OC to 3.2 Ghz and maybe oc the RAM to 1066 Mhz (RAM comes with heatsink), What are the best cooling fans for both processor and RAM asides from liquid cooling? State price and make/model.

Thanks in advance!!!!
    Question 4) With my old gaming rig, will i be able to run Crysis with a 6800 ultra AGP card on Medium with a decent FPS?

Downloads
    Uploads
    1) you'll probably be struggling on high at high resolutions. Your spending at least 2 grand to play on very high. Crysis devo's admitted they coded very high poorly. I just read an article about this... I think they need to crossfire 2 HD4870x2's ($1100 worth of graphics cards) to get Crysis on very high settings.

2) Probably not a huge one, but i'm not really sure.

3)you ram shouldn't need cooling fans look for a heatsink and fan with a high rating on new egg. Make sure you know what your doing. I don't think AMD processor get overclocked very frequently. You could easily fry it.

4) probably not, check the minimum specs on Crysis.