Currently I am a sophomore in high school. I get good grades, and I am currently in all honors classes. Right now, my GPA is a 4.03. Last year I received honors for getting good grades as a freshman. My only problem is, I was recommended for 4 AP courses for next year (junior year), like AP Spanish, AP English Literature, AP U.S. History/Govt, and AP Physics. I would also be taking honors 12th grade math. I know that is a heavy burden. My school has 8 periods, but I decided not to fill one of them so I can have a break.

I don't know if I should drop one of those classes. In some of them I have no choice. Like for Spanish I cannot go into a class because there is no option, unless I decide to drop out of the course. But I cannot because if I do, I will not get an advanced diploma for having 4 years of language (I took freshman spanish when I was in 8th grade).

I am also currently involved in a number of after school activities, including fall lacrosse, spring tennis, model congress (we take trips to colleges such as Yale for 4 days), science magazine, a business leaders program which ended a few months ago, a school leadership program, and on top of that National Math Honors Society (in which I need 10 hours of math community service).

So I'm pretty much stressed out as it is. I don't know if I can handle 4 APs next year. Should I take honors U.S. history instead of AP? I would also be involved in 2 social studies electives next year. Not only do I have the stress of difficult classes and after school activities, but there are a lot of domestic problems in my house, mainly focused around one of my parents alcoholism. That's very difficult for me, especially to find a quiet place to be. There is no where in my house that I can go to be alone, and I can't walk anywhere.

I want to go to the University of Michigan, but I am unsure of what I need to be accepted.