Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Will the future hold an Aggressive, or Passive, foreign policy?

Are we witnessing the end of aggressive US foreign policy?

With Record trade deficits, Record national debt, Record energy prices, and a 53 trillion dollar entitlement deficit..

Can we afford to go onward as the "defender of democracy"?

Can we afford not to?

And please no one sentence lines about Bush, McCain , or Obama..

Both parties have shown their share of aggression and passivity over the last 100 years.

Downloads
    Uploads
    With Obama greater diplomacy, with McCain aggressive, meaning war, war and more war.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it's overly simplistic to call foreign policy simply aggressive or passive and that has been our fallacy. I think foreign policy needs to mix the carrot, the stick, and the humanitarian aid.

For example if after we involved ourselves in Afghanistan we had spent the few million necessary to build infrastructure and schools we would have allowed the Taliban and OBL to take up shop there. This thus would have avoided the billions we spend now post 9/11. So in that case we need agression followed by diplomatic action and humanitarian aid to avoid current conflict.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We will probably keep getting more and more aggressive until we start world war III to make the world safe for democracy and for the glory of the mighty USA.

"The paths of glory lead but to the grave."

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you mean physically aggressive, as in the use of force rather than diplomacy, then I certainly *hope* that we see the end of aggression in our foreign policy.

Whether we *will* or not, I think that we will take steps in the right direction, but we have a long, long way to go.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You either defend freedom or you will loose it. To many people have been killed for freedom to sit idly by.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly, I think that aggressive forign policy will continue for some time. I would have given you a different answer until Russia invaded Georgia. Sad, that action put the U.S. in a corner and this may lead to a new Cold War. I agree with you that both the Republicrats and the Demopublicans are to blame. Clinton had his own share of agressive acts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly, I think that aggressive forign policy will continue for some time. I would have given you a different answer until Russia invaded Georgia. Sad, that action put the U.S. in a corner and this may lead to a new Cold War. I agree with you that both the Republicrats and the Demopublicans are to blame. Clinton had his own share of agressive acts.