Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why do people wake up during dreams?

was wondering why it seems that me and everyone else seems to wake up during there dreams. Sure I've had multiple dreams in one night, and slept all the way through the first one (not a great dream, okay) but then I had an awesome dream one I was really in, felt like I was really making most of the decisions and everything, things were so clear, I remember thinking about that when I woke up. But why did the dream end predetermined. It was like everything sped up, and it just ended, i woke up. It wasn't a scary dream or anything, it was very pleasant. Thanks if you read my senseless 2:43 pre dreaming ramble.

The Dreamer is the real me.lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    haha yea it happens to me as well its like your having a really good dream and it gets to the most important bit and you wake up i hate that to maybe its your mind playing tricks on you

Downloads
    Uploads
    always its like in your dream your finally gonna bang the girl you always wanted to and just b4 you do---wake up . then when you go back to sleep not the same. only time dreams are the same after waking up is if there bad dreams.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This isn't a backed up fact, but more of my opinion on what happens, see? Either you are about to be awoken by an outside force (an alarm, someone making noise, etc.) and you are pulled out of the deep sleep state and into a more conscious one OR you know that you're dreaming so you end up waking yourself because of it - accidental or not.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that you wake up other times too, only you do not notice it