Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Where is a site that COMPREHENSIVELY debunks or otherwise explains away Bible...

...prophecies? I've been doing as much as I can using my own logic (and cross-referencing dates, etc.), but sometimes that isn't enough. I'm tired of Googling world without end and only finding pages upon pages of dot-coms, dot-nets, and dubious dot-orgs. I need more than opinion at this point, and also more than the typical "all Bible prophecies are XYZ". Let's get down to the wire and specific about this, okay?
    The Skeptics Annotated Bible is more of an entertaining read than anything else. It doesn't even bother to look and see what the original languages say, just what the silly KJV says. It's a little lightweight.
    @Unknown
    Seen it. Good info, but in a technical sense, hardly comprehensive.
    @Qil
    I live for words like yours. *sarcasm*

It's not just to find the truthfulness, it's also so I can get some headway with these Christian apologists. They think they've got a defense, so I want to be able to knock it down if I can. They don't like to accept "I don't know" as an answer.
    By the way guys, in my view, a lot of the stories in the Bible are morality tales. Perhaps the audience at the time new that and this important aspect has been lost on most evangelical Christians. I think that the "prophecies" are also morality tales (being knowledgeable warnings or written after the fact), but I want to be able to PROVE this. You know how awesome it feels to be able to back up a position with FACTS instead of assertions? That's my goal in all this.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I suspect there's little work in this area because of a general lack of interest and no real purpose for it.

prophetic oracles in the Bible can and are interpreted in many ways, so if you "refute" an oracle, the faithful simply say you misunderstood it and you are wrong. And then, they will just plain snort at you and ignore you. You can compile all the information available on a given prophetic oracle, and show that it is false, and it will mean nothing, because folks who are favorable to your opinion already "know" it's bunk, and the faithful will simply say you haven't read it correctly, don't really understand it, or they'll just ignore you.

So you won't end up changing any minds.

People who look at the Bible's prophetic statements with an open mind wonder why anyone takes it seriously; people who believe in the legitimacy of the Bible as a prophetic source believe it not because it makes sense, but because they have decided they want to believe it. You cannot argue with that illogical point of view.

And quite frankly, I'm not sure why you would care or why you would want to.

We all have some kind of bugaboo we believe that is at least somewhat suspect.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why ? Are you scared the Word of God is the truth and that the One whom you will stand before on the Day of Judgment will look at you with His piercing eyes and know EVERYTHING about you ! Yes...

Downloads
    Uploads
    have you tried ironchariots.org?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Read and study the bible using a concordance and studying the original languages.If you truly want to know what they say (not misquotes and *** that certaianly don't disprove them).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Try taking a positive look first !!! 1000 prophesies and 500 fulfilled !!!

Here is 365 fulfilled - http://bibleprobe.com/365messianicprophecies.htm

Jesus claimed to be God - John 8:24; 8:56-59 (see Exodus 3:14); John 10:30-33
    2.Jesus is called God - John 1:1,14; 20:28; Col. 2:9; Titus 2:13; Heb. 1:8
    3.Jesus is the image of the invisible God - Heb. 1:3
    4.Jesus abides forever - Heb. 7:24
    5.Jesus created all things - John 1:1-3; Col. 1:15-17
    6.Jesus is before all things - John 1:1-3; Col. 1:17;
    7.Jesus is eternal - John 1:1,14; 8:58; Micah 5:1-2
    8.Jesus is honored the same as the Father - John 5:23
    9.Jesus is prayed to - Acts 7:55-60; 1 Cor. 1:2 with Psalm 116:4; (John 14:14)
    10.Jesus is worshipped - Matt. 2:2,11; 14:33; John 9:35-38; Heb. 1:6
    11.Jesus is omnipresent - Matt. 18:20; 28:20
    12.Jesus is with us always - Matt. 28:20
    13.Jesus is our only mediator between God and ourselves - 1 Tim. 2:5
    14.Jesus is the guarantee of a better covenant - Heb. 7:22; 8:6
    15.Jesus said, "I AM the Bread of Life" - John 6:35,41,48,51
    16.Jesus said, "I AM the Door" - John 10:7,9
    17.Jesus said, "I AM the Good Shepherd" - John 10:11,14
    18.Jesus said, "I AM the Way the Truth and The Life" - John 14:6
    19.Jesus said, "I AM the Light of the world" - John 8:12; 9:5; 12:46; Luke 2:32
    20.Jesus said, "I AM the True Vine" - John 15:1,5
    21.Jesus said, "I AM the Resurrection and the Life" - John 11:25
    22.Jesus said, "I AM the First and the Last" - Rev. 1:17; 2:8; 22:13
    23.Jesus always lives to make intercession for us - Heb. 7:25
    24.Jesus cleanses from sin - 1 John 1:9
    25.Jesus cleanses us from our sins by His blood - Rev. 1:5; Rom. 5:9
    26.Jesus forgives sins - Matt. 9:1-7; Luke 5:20; 7:48
    27.Jesus saves forever - Matt. 18:11; John 10:28; Heb. 7:25
    28.Jesus discloses Himself to us - John 14:21
    29.Jesus draws all men to Himself - John 12:32
    30.Jesus gives eternal life - John 10:28; 5:40
    31.Jesus resurrects - John 5:39; 6:40,44,54; 11:25-26
    32.Jesus gives joy - John 15:11
    33.Jesus gives peace - John 14:27

Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
    1John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
    1John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
    Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
    Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
    Mat 10:32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

Dear Jesus,
    I admit that I am a sinner before you Lord,, deserving of Hell. Please forgive me of my sins. I now believe upon You alone, and not my self-righteous works and religion. Thank you Jesus for the salvation you have given me. Amen

Downloads
    Uploads
    What is the big deal? Info like that is just a google away. On a different note, is it really necessary to have proof? Is the fact that the Bible has ludicrous stories not enough to know they're made up fairy tales? Don't fall for the Hell scare tactic either, you should steel yourself.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Try watching the Penn and Teller bullshit episode about the bible.

Downloads
    Uploads
    CONVITE A TODOS OS FILHOS DE BELIAL:
    INVITATION TO THE ALL BELIAL'S SOONS:

Compareçam a uma reunião no dia 21 de Dezembro de 2012,
    as 1 A.M. no horário de Greenwich, nas ruínas de Tel Megiddo,
    para uma aula prática de "pintura artistica de guerra contra os Cristãos"
    e que estão infestando o nosso planeta Terra...

Our next meeting will be in 2012, December, 21st.
    at 1 A.M. (Greenwich time), in the ruines of the old
    Tel megiddo city, to do an practical instruction of
    "Art Painting Against all the Christian" that are infestating
    our Earth planet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tel_Megiddo

(Christians are not wellcome, so, please be so kind, stay at your home !
    Cristões não são bem-vindos, portanto, gentilmente peço-lhes, fiquem em casa ! )

Fonte(s):

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=…

Downloads
    Uploads
    You are never going to be able to "prove" anything about the ancient past. Historical knowledge is incomplete and constantly being revised. Even if you find a conflict between the Bible and the current historical record, it all still comes down to faith; which account do you trust more.

It seems like you've already made your decision that you don't trust the Bible. That suggests that you are not being objectively honest with yourself. Surely the goal of any sincere person would be to find the truth - rather then make a case one way or the other.

There is always a way to explain away anomalies.

A Bible advocate could just question the accuracy of the current historical record, or, some prophecies relate to Jesus return, rather then His incarnation, some prophecies are conditional on certain actions etc..

Likewise, people who are anti-Bible can label fulfilled prophecy as coincidence, or claim that the fulfillment was orchestrated.

All "FACTS" can be interpreted more than one way. So your argument is going to be subjective, no matter what "FACTS" you find.

I'm not trying to discourage you, but I do think you are wasting your time. If you do find something which you believe to be irrefutable, I would like to see it. My email is available through my profile.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast