Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

When you named your child did your consider their future employment?

I know this seems way far out, it's really just a question. Some names (nope not giving example, I don't want to hurt people) are not names you think to see on a Presidential ticket.

So when your child was born did you consider the heights their career might reach and try to give them either a unique name that would differentiate them or a common name so as they don't stand too far outside the box.

Several studies have shown that while boys are often named after a relative or given more serious thought, girls are often given "doll" names or frilly names. Do you think this will change with future equalization of the sexes?
    Donna: Just wondering did you name your son after you? It'd be cool for a son to have a name similar to his mom.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think so...it's just that girl names can be more unique and fun to pick out....I don't have any kids but I have my future ones' first names picked out...I think that plain names are boring and if you have one that is unique it could help you stand out---just not one that seems as if the parents jumbled a bunch of letters together with a bunch of random apostrophes and decided it was a name...
    Anyways, so I've picked out more classic names that aren't tooo common like Sarah---Gemma, Madeliene, Wyatt, and Owen.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think that's far out I think not considering their future when you name them IS far, out even foolish