I am 30 years old and have been in a beautiful relationship with a man for 6 months now. We've spent a lot of time together and have been very close, but haven't talked much about our future together. I'm not saying I want an immediate commitment from him of marriage and kids, but I one day want that for myself with someone - and I am at the age where time matters with this sort of thing. I can see my boyfriend possibly being this guy for me, but I don't even know if thats what he wants.

I'm tried to approach this topic in a round about way, but it didn't turn into much of a discussion. I'm cautious about bringing the topic to him head on because it will bring our relationship to a crossroads where, if we have different views of the future, it will either end or continue what we currently have now. It is a little early to be planning our future, but I also don't want to get too close and spend too much of my life with someone who doesn't share the same goals.

I guess I'm stuck between wanting to know if this is going somewhere and wanting to keep the amazing intimacy I have now.

Can anyone relate? Can you offer your experience and insight?