Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

When did you first begin to think about a future with your spouse?

How long were you dating before you started thinking about the future (i.e. engagement, marriage, kids)?
    Were you just joking about it at first or were you serious from the beginning?

Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    When I told him all of the things I thought he'd hate about me. We'd been dating about 4 1/2 months. He's talking marriage but it's very much in the future. I had all of these things I thought would turn him off and so I thought I'd just tell him. He's still hanging around and we're stronger than ever. That's when I really thought "Wow, this could really work" in addition to always knowing that he's the one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My husband and I had been married previously to other spouses for over 20 years. We know what we want, we know what we won't tolerate and we know where we are willing to compromise. I told him on our first date that I was looking for someone special to spend my life with and that someday, I hoped to marry again. If this was not something he ever wanted to do again in his life, it was nice to meet him. Life is too short to beat around the bush and play games. I didn't know if he would be "the one" or not. I only knew that I liked being married but was married to the wrong man the first time.

By our third or fourth date, I knew he was different and that I could spend my life with him. We dated two years before getting married. We are very happy. Best wishes to you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My husband and I had been married previously to other spouses for over 20 years. We know what we want, we know what we won't tolerate and we know where we are willing to compromise. I told him on our first date that I was looking for someone special to spend my life with and that someday, I hoped to marry again. If this was not something he ever wanted to do again in his life, it was nice to meet him. Life is too short to beat around the bush and play games. I didn't know if he would be "the one" or not. I only knew that I liked being married but was married to the wrong man the first time.

By our third or fourth date, I knew he was different and that I could spend my life with him. We dated two years before getting married. We are very happy. Best wishes to you.