Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What are your thoughts on John Tortorella? Avery's future?

I used to really dislike him but he grew on me as an analyst. He is a good fit for the NYR IMO, they need the discipline.

This just in.........Sources say the New York Rangers and John Tortorella have an agreement in place that would make him the next head coach of the NHL team, but that the Tampa Bay Lightning have not yet granted him permission to do so. Sources also tell TSN that the blessing has yet to be granted, but the NHL's head office is now involved in an attempt to resolve the situation.

Also, this doesn't bode well for Avery as we learned from him being an analyst that he HATES Sean Avery.........an interesting twist!

NHL QUIZ.........look at Tortorella's answer to question #2 (while you are at it- look at his answer to question #1)

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=262320

Fair to say there is a good chance Avery will not be a NYR......I know it is Sather's move but you would think that he will consult him first and he will say N-O.
    Blades- GREAT read actually. Kind of funny!

Downloads
    Uploads
    May be late, but Avery will come back and make a turnaround as being the nicest NHL player. Well not really. but this article was funny. You should check it out. It has 2009 NHL predictions

Link below

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think he will be a good contrast to Renney, and a good fit for the Rangers. Tortorella is willing to do anything to win, and demands a lot out of his players, and would push them to play their best. I think his quote in the Lightning's 2004 Cup win was, "Safe is death; don't think - do." He would bring the necessary edge and energy to get the most out of the Rangers if they decide to hire him. And I'm just happy he hates Avery - I never want to see Avery on this coast again.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think he will be a good contrast to Renney, and a good fit for the Rangers. Tortorella is willing to do anything to win, and demands a lot out of his players, and would push them to play their best. I think his quote in the Lightning's 2004 Cup win was, "Safe is death; don't think - do." He would bring the necessary edge and energy to get the most out of the Rangers if they decide to hire him. And I'm just happy he hates Avery - I never want to see Avery on this coast again.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think everyone in the NHL is tired of Avery's act, he's not a tough energy player, he's just a dick.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I things are about to get interesting at the country club. Torts is the type of guy that will kick someone in the @ss and that is what they seem to need.

Would sources close to TSN be Torts himself.....

Avery, you have to think that based on his stance on Avery he may will have that conversation with Sather before agreeing to accept the job.

I too have gained respect watching him as an analyst, no BS with this guy he calls it as he sees it and I agree with him more often than not.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i dont know, the rangers are starting to get desperate, so they may pull him up.