Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What are your predictions for America's team, the SF Giants, for 2012?

American Hero Cody Ross will probably be gone, but America's sweethearts, Lincecum and Cain and pray for rain will be returning. The west is still weak and if America's team has any offense they would win the division easily.

What say you?

Downloads
    Uploads
    If Posey is back to form next season, and Melky Cabrera doesn't revert to mediocrity, the Giants should contend. But unless they make a big offensive signing (resign Beltran, sign Rollins, etc), there's a good chance they won't make the playoffs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, Rock, they are a tough team that plays a hard game. If we're going to beat them we have to do what we do best, which is to play sound, fundamental baseball.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Willie Bloomquist signed a $3.8M two-deal to return to the Diamondbacks. I read that Sabean offered him more money, same length. Two million a year for a replacement-level player is nuts.

I haven't been following the Giants moves over the past couple of years, but if that's the kind of thing Sabean does on a regular basis, the Giants will continue to suck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd say they keep the pitchers and win the divison.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They really took a hit in their rotation by trading away Sanchez and didn't gain anything significant in Melky Cabrera. I think Lincecum will have a bounce-back season, probably Cy Young worthy but I don't think they have enough to take the division. If they can sign a good bat such as Reyes or Prince Fielder, they may have a good shot at the Wild Card. However with the Diamondbacks becoming strong again and the Dodgers hopefully getting some stability it will be hard to compete with a slightly weaker rotation and a mediocre offense.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They will have a tough time against the D-Backs in division and they probably won't win the wild card so they won't make the playlets.

Junior Member a_man_could_stand's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sabean is back to his old tricks of trading away young talent for 30-somethings with .250 career averages...He seems hell-bent on making the roster older and more mediocre on paper every year.

....considering the last time I wrote the Giants off before Spring Training they lifted the World Series trophy a few months later, I'd guess they will do just fine...