Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What newborn "necessities" did you not use, or would you not use for future babies?

I know there is a lot of discrepancy over what is required for a baby, so I'm curious what newborn "requirements" and "necessities" you didn't use, or won't use next time.

I didn't use a baby bath tub or gas drops at all with my son, and I didn't use a bouncy chair until he out grew his swing (and only then rarely).

Next time I wouldn't (never say never, right?) use a crib or bassinet. I also wouldn't use baby wash, lotion, and diaper rash cream. I've since found a couple of hand made soap/lotion brands that are much easier on the skin and have fewer ingredients.

What "necessities" did you not use?

Downloads
    Uploads
    For us, we never have used our crib, except as a changing station during the night. We never used the cute matching bumper, blanket, sheets on the crib so they were a waste too. We didn't ever use baby mittens and usually no socks because they always seemed to wear footie pajamas. Didn't have an exersaucer for any of the 5 of them, and didn't have a bouncy seat except for the last one, and she hated it, so it just sat there. I also didn't get much use out of the receiving blankets after they invented the swaddleme blankets because they did it better than I did. Never used burp cloths as such because they didn't hold enough for the pukers and didn't need them for the non pukers. Didn't use a bottle for 2 of them ever.....didn't use the bottle warmer but once....it was faster using a pan of water on the cooktop. Never used our glider. Ummmm only used the reusable diapers once and then it was straight to Pampers! I think that's it really......

Downloads
    Uploads
    We gave up on the baby bathtubs. We would bath the baby in the tub when we bathed. With our second son we threw out the pacifier after a few weeks. he rarely used it and certainly never missed it. We never did buy a bouncy chair but we had an antique baby swing (mine) that we used a lot. And we never used a playpen. I don't cage my dogs and I don't cage my kids. I wish I could cage the little hormone monsters today though. They are a menace to every girl in town.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i agree with the woman who said boppy. although mine wasnt the boppy brand, it was the same thing and i never used it. I rarely used my carrier ( the one you were on your body and the baby rides in the front, or some have it in the back) it cut the circulation off to babies feet. I paid big bucks for a fancy mobil that goes on the crib, it had lights and different sounds. big waste---my kids didnt care for it a whole lot (but loved the plain, wind up one, in the church nursery) I did use my baby bath tub. with my second child I found a bouncy seat at a garage sale for 3 dollars it had music and vibration---the best 3 dollars i think i have EVER spent.
    DID NOT use baby powder at all even though I got plenty of it at showers, was scared it would choke them.
    ohhh here is a good one.... when i was preg with # 1 I got a crib and stuff and got a sheet for it. then thought i needed the quilt and a blanket and pillow, only to find out that you cant have any of that (except the fitted sheet) in the crib. big waste.
    this is kinda depressing to think of the money I could have saved...

bye bye