Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

what are the jewish Unfulfilled prophecies of jesus that claim he is not messiah?

can a full mitzvah jewish believer tell me even a few prophecies that were not fulfilled. ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's a list of the requirements for the Jewish Moshiach:

http://www.messiahtruth.com/wanted.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Edit to Kevin A.R.T.----thank you for being tolerant of Jewish beliefs and for admitting that Jesus was not the Jewish messiah. You are probably one of the few good Christians who actually admit to that. Kudos to you man!

Downloads
    Uploads
    you can start with everything from the OT that christianity claims will happen on the 2nd coming...

Downloads
    Uploads
    answer: there are ONLY a few prophecies about the Jewish Messiah. Jesus fulfilled only ONE - he was Jewish. Even his lineage disqualified him as the Jewish Messiah.

Edited - several posted the actual prophecies. Ask and you shall receive

Downloads
    Uploads
    The first and foremost of his mission is "TO SAVE THE LOST SOULS OF ISRAEL". His life and his death even caused the Jews to get scattered.
    The House of Judah and the House of Israel including the Offspring of Men and Beasts (Jeremiah 31:27) have not yet happened and will not happen until the Prince of Darkness will admit who he really is and everyone will be have the great surprise of his life.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am SO a fan of Kevin A.R.T.

Best answer by a non jew I have read to date. If you believe that Christ is your God and Savior, Judaism has absolutely no problem with that. If it works for you and you find fulfillment in that belief, we are honestly happy for you.

If you want to say that Jesus is the Jewish Messiah, we have a big problem with that. It simply is not what our religion teaches. (And we came up with the term "Messiah")

If try to say that we are blinded, then we have a HUGE problem. That is just downright offensive. It is also an incredibly stupid argument.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are 23 actual prophecies about the Jewish Messiah and none of them are in the Torah (the first five books of the Tanakh):

* The Sanhedrin will be re-established (Isaiah 1:26)
    * Once he is King, leaders of other nations will look to him for guidance. (Isaiah 2:4)
    * The whole world will worship the One God of Israel (Isaiah 2:17)
    * He will be descended from King David (Isaiah 11:1) via King Solomon (1 Chron. 22:8-10)
    * The Moshiach will be a man of this world, an observant Jew with "fear of God" (Isaiah 11:2)
    *****In other words - this must all be accomplished in a human lifetime*****
    * Evil and tyranny will not be able to stand before his leadership (Isaiah 11:4)
    * Knowledge of God will fill the world (Isaiah 11:9)
    * He will include and attract people from all cultures and nations (Isaiah 11:10)
    * All Israelites will be returned to their homeland (Isaiah 11:12)
    * Death will be swallowed up forever (Isaiah 25:8)
    * There will be no more hunger or illness, and death will cease (Isaiah 25:8)
    * All of the dead will rise again (Isaiah 26:19)
    * The Jewish people will experience eternal joy and gladness (Isaiah 51:11)
    * He will be a messenger of peace (Isaiah 52:7)
    * Nations will end up recognizing the wrongs they did to Israel (Isaiah 52:13-53:5)
    * The peoples of the world will turn to the Jews for spiritual guidance (Zechariah 8:23)
    * The ruined cities of Israel will be restored (Ezekiel 16:55)
    * Weapons of war will be destroyed (Ezekiel 39:9)
    * The Temple will be rebuilt (Ezekiel 40) resuming many of the suspended mitzvot
    * He will then perfect the entire world to serve God together (Zephaniah 3:9)
    * Jews will know the Torah without Study (Jeremiah 31:33)
    * He will give you all the desires of your heart (Psalms 37:4)
    * He will take the barren land and make it abundant and fruitful (Isaiah 51:3, Amos 9:13-15, Ezekiel 36:29-30, Isaiah 11:6-9).
    (Credit: Mark S and Plushy Bear)

Reasons Jesus wasn’t the Jewish Messiah:
    * divine birth/divinity - (the Jewish Messiah will be human – G-d cannot become human – Deuteronomy 6:4, Isaiah 44:6, Hosea 11:9, Ezekiel 28:2, Numbers 23:19) - strike
    * performing miracles - (JM won't perform miracles) - strike
    * taking on the sins of others - (no one can take on the sins of others – Deuteronomy 24:16, Exodus 32:30-35, Ezekiel 18:1-4; 20-24; 26-27) - strike
    * breaking Sabbath - strike (JM will be observant) - strike
    * sacrificed/rising from the dead - (G-d rejects human sacrifice and blood sacrifice is NOT an absolute requirement – Deuteronomy 12:30-31, Jeremiah 19:4-6, Psalm 106:37-38, Ezekiel 16:20, Leviticus 5:11-13, Jonah 3:10, Leviticus 17, Leviticus 5:11-13, Numbers 16:47, Numbers 31:50, Isaiah 6:6-7, Jeremiah 7:22-23, Psalm 51:16-17) - strike
    * prophecies unfilled - (JM will accomplish them in one life time) - strike
    * being worshiped - Jews worship G-d and only G-d – strike and OUT

Geneological errors in Christianity:
    1. The Messiah is born of two human parents, as we said. But Jesus, according to Christian theology, was born of a union between a Human woman and God, rather than two HUMAN parents, as was Hercules, and Dionysis, as well as many other pagan gods.
    2. The Messiah can trace his lineage through his human biological father, back to King David (Isaiah 11:1,10; Jeremiah 23:5; Ezekiel 34:23-24; 37:21-28; Jeremiah 30:7-10; 33:14-16; and Hosea 3:4-5). But Jesus's lineage cannot go through his human father, according to Christian theology, as Jesus's father was not Joseph the husband of Mary. According to Christian theology, Jesus's father was God.
    3. The Messiah traces his lineage only through King Solomon (II Samuel 7:12-17; I Chronicles 22:9-10). But according to Luke 3:31, Jesus was a descendant of Nathan, another son of King David, and not a descendant of King David through King Solomon.
    4. The Messiah cannot trace his lineage through Jehoiakim, Jeconiah, or Shealtiel, because this royal line was cursed (I Chronicles 3:15-17; Jeremiah 22:18,30). But according to both Matthew 1:11-12 and Luke 3:27, Jesus was a descendant of Shealtiel.
    (Credit: Unknown, through Convert Ruth)

Junior Member ThunderandLightning's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not a Jew myself, but from a heavily Jewish family, so...

Messiah : The Criteria

Judge for yourself: Did Jesus fulfill ALL these criteria?

The Jewish tradition of "The Messiah" has its foundation in numerous biblical references, and understands "The Messiah" to be a human being - without any overtone of deity or divinity - who will bring about certain changes in the world and fulfill certain criteria before he can be acknowledged as "The Messiah".

First of all, he must be Jewish - "...you may appoint a king over you, whom the L-rd your G-d shall choose: one from among your brethren shall you set as king over you." (Deuteronomy 17:15)

He must be a member of the tribe of Judah - "The staff shall not depart from Judah, nor the sceptre from between his feet..." (Genesis 49:10)

To be a member of the tribe of Judah, the person must have a biological father who is a member of the tribe of Judah.

He must be a direct male descendant of King David and King Solomon, his son - "And when your days (David) are fulfilled, and you shall sleep with your fathers, I will set up your seed after you, who shall issue from your bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build a house for my name, and I will make firm the throne of his kingdom forever..." (2 Samuel 7:12 - 13)

The genealogy of the New Testament is inconsistent. While it gives two accounts of the genealogy of Joseph, it states clearly that he is not the biological father of Jesus. One of the genealogies is through Nathan and not Solomon altogether!

He must gather the Jewish people from exile and return them to Israel -"And he shall set up a banner for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth." (Isaiah 11:12)

Are all Jews living in Israel? Have all Jews EVER lived in Israel since the time of Jesus?

He must rebuild the Temple in Jerusalem - "...and I will set my sanctuary in their midst forever and my tabernacle shall be with them.." (Ezekiel 37:26 - 27)

At last check, there is NO Temple in Jerusalem. And worse, it was shortly after Jesus died that the Temple was DESTROYED! Just the opposite of this prophecy!

He will rule at a time of world-wide peace - "...they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore." (Micah 4:3)

Have you seen a newspaper lately? Are we living in a state of complete world peace? Has there ever been peace since the time of Jesus?

He will rule at a time when the Jewish people will observe G-d's commandments - "My servant David shall be king over them; and they shall all have one shepherd. They shall follow My ordinances and be careful to observe My statutes." (Ezekiel 37:24)

The Torah is the Jewish guide to life, and its commandments are the ones referred to here. Do all Jews observe all the commandments? Christianity, in fact, often discourages observance of the commandments in Torah, in complete opposition to this prophecy.

He will rule at a time when all people will come to acknowledge and serve one G-d - "And it shall come to pass that from one new moon to another and from one Sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before Me, says the L-rd" (Isaiah 66:23)

there are still millions if not billions of people in the world today who adhere to paganistic and polytheistic religions. It is clear that we have not yet seen this period of human history unfold.

All of these criteria are best stated in the book of Ezekiel Chapter 37 verses 24-28:

And David my servant shall be king over them; and they shall all have one shepherd. they shall also follow My judgments and observe My statutes, and do them. And they shall dwell in the land that I have given to Yaakov my servant, in which your fathers have dwelt and they shall dwell there, they and their children, and their children's children forever; and my servant David shall be their prince forever. Moreover, I will make a covenant of peace with them, it shall be an everlasting covenant with them, which I will give them; and I will multiply them and I will set my sanctuary in the midst of them forevermore. And my tabernacle shall be with them: and I will be their G-d and they will be my people. Then the nations shall know that I am the L-rd who sanctifies Israel, when My sanctuary will be in the midst of them forevermore.

If an individual fails to fulfill even one of these conditions, then he cannot be "The Messiah." A careful analysis of these criteria shows us that to date, no one has fulfilled every condition.

Certainly NOT Jesus.

Downloads
    Uploads
    -I see no world peace.

-The 2nd temple was not rebuilt.

-It's been 2,000 years, no kingdom of God.

These would be the hardest to disprove, go for it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a Christian, and I can help:

There will be no more hunger or illness, and death will cease (Isaiah 25:8)
    The Jewish people will experience eternal joy and gladness (Isaiah 51:11)
    The peoples of the world will turn to the Jews for spiritual guidance (Zechariah 8:23)
    The Temple will be rebuilt resuming many of the suspended mitzvot (Ezekiel 40)
    Jews will know the Torah without study (Jeremiah 31:33)

Yes, I'm a Christian, and I believe Jesus was the Son of God, I just realize He was not the Jewish Messiah as many think He was.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast