Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

What historical evidence is there that the prophecies in the bible came true?

Trying to get information from christians is like pulling teeth. Please tell me what the historical evidence and provide SOURCES. I can't just believe everything you write. And please don't use the bible as a source to prove the bible. Can i please get a straight forward answer and not some crazy bs i usually get.
    Ok i don't care if their are a few war stories that are true in the bible. Is there archaeological proof for any of the supernatural events in the bible? I'm sure there are some accuracies in the bible because fiction is often based on true stories. If a battle was true that doesn't mean the entire bible is true
    @simon p: What is the archaeological proof that the prophecies came true? How do we know it just wasn't a story? Do we have proof it was written before the events, and archaeological proof that the events did indeed happen?

@Guuraqt: Which archaeologists have proved the existence of jesus? Any sources?

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Assyrian invasion of Israel is well documented.
    The Babylonian invasion of Judah is well documented.
    The fact that there are thousands of distinct Christian churches and sects is evidence that the prophesied Apostasy has occurred.

Why?

Downloads
    Uploads
    The evidence that it is the Book that is always read and talked about everyday 24/7 even in the internet ever since it was made on print.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Tanakh is very much up to date with its prophecies. Take for instance the fortelling of Babylon being destroyed. It even predicted the leader that would rule the area thousands of years before he was even born, which was Cyrus and the way it would be destroyed. The Babylonians were holding a festival that night and felt secure behind their massive city walls. Meanwhile, Cyrus diverted the water of the river that flowed through the city. Soon the water was shallow enough for his men to cross the riverbed and approach the walls of the city.But how did Cyrus and his army get past Babylon the GREAT's walls? For some reason, on that night the doors to the city were carelessly left open!

Downloads
    Uploads
    There aren't any evidence, that's why you see alot of Atheists

Even if they do give you prophecies, they are usually very vague, and people adjust them slightly to make it sound true

Downloads
    Uploads
    Your question is out of context. You do not look for historic evidence proving Biblical prophesies, You look for archaeological evidence. Which can prove them as true. If you search the BBC Website they have a section where it shows all this archeological evidence proving many of the Old Testament stories to be true.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There is none. If you have the prophecies in front of you when you write the story of their "fulfillment," of course you're going to make it look like prophecies have been fulfilled.

The rest of the prophecies are so general that they have been fulfilled over and over again.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Try out this website about Christian prophecies:
    http://bibleprobe.com
    The statistical odds of 365 Messianic Bible prophecies being true and fulfilled by Jesus Christ without contradicting each other is extreme. The odds are in favor of the Christians.

Downloads
    Uploads
    America and Britain in Prophecy

BY DAVID C. PACK
    All nations are rushing toward the grand smash conclusion to occur in the “last days.” Humanity plunges ahead—blind, pleasure-crazed and detached from important world events occurring daily. American, British, Canadian and other Western leaders would take action, if they only knew what lies ahead. Great prophetic truths, revealing amazing—indeed astonishing—climactic changes soon to stagger all civilization, go unrecognized. But Western leaders, with the rest of the world, remain in ignorance—WHY? Now you can learn what others have not understood!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is why I believe in the Bible.
    I have studied some of the teachings of religions and different denomonations within the Bible. Prophecy is the one thing which leads me to accept the accuracy of the Bible as the written word of God.
    First of all the Bible is not any mans interpretation. Men spoke and wrote as they were moved by the Holy Spirit..

The Bible has been written over thousands of years on 3 continents.. All of it coincides one from another.. The problem with interpretation occurs when one feels their finite human knowledge can discern the meaning of Holy scriptures which have manifold meaning. Not one atheist has asked for the Holy spirit, believing that God will help discern the Bible. And those who have asked have received abundantly.
    Furthermore the prophecies described in the Bible are the proof.. They are NOT vague and general..
    There have been prophecies which described Jesus ministry and when it would start(Dan 9:25, 26) , how long the ministry would last and when he would die(Dan 9:26, 27) . How he would die(Ps 22:16. Joh 19:18 20:25), who he would die with(Isa 53:12. Mr 15:28), what would happen with his clothing(Ps 22:18. Mt 27:35), which family he would come from(Ps 132:11 Jer 23:5. Matt 1:1-17 Ac 13:23 Ro 1:3).
    THE BIBLE PREDICTED THE RISE AND FALL OF THE BABYLONIAN EMPIRE(Dan 7:4), to MEDO PERSIAN with its three provinces Egypt, Lydia, and Babylon. (Dan 7:5)(Dan 8:20), to GREECE(Dan8:21) with its four heads representing 4 generals.(Dan 7:6)(Dan 8:22), to Rome, and the Western Roman divided empire(Dan 7:7)..the Bible foretold the Medo Persian Empire Prophecies of Alexander the great(Dan 8:5) His four generals(Dan 8:8), how alexander would die. Prophecies of Rome uprooting 3 kingdoms(Dan 7:8; 8:9) during the expansion of the Roman Empire after the year 538 when Emperor Justinian gave the keys of the kingdom to the Arch Bishop of Rome, and he moved his kingdom to Constantinople... Please study History, and then read Daniel and the Revelation.. Please email me if you would like proof of these prophecies.. I have the 125 prophcies recorded of Jesus. Not to mention the prophecies about the Empires..

It is my understanding that if the Bible makes a prediction, and no one understands History(which doesn't lie) than how will they know if the Bible is telling the truth?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast