Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is the future with hiatal hernia?

I was just diagnosed with a hiatal hernia and gastroesophageal reflux disease. I'm caught up with the GERD part, but I'm curious about hiatal hernia. Most google searches indicate that the hiatal hernia is usually not a big problem, but can require surgery if it goes too far.

What I'm wondering is if the stomach will return to it's normal position on it's own or will I just live with the hiatal hernia forever if it never requires surgery? Basically will the problem correct itself if I correct the way I live?

Downloads
    Uploads
    My chiropractor just reaches up under my ribs and asks me to cough while he pulls it down. Works every time. You can try it on yourself too, sometimes I manage to get it myself if it isn't too stuck. He says it happens when you eat a large meal, the stomach can get stuck in the diaphragm. No need for surgery, that's ridiculous.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It will not fix itself. There is a danger of the hernia getting strangled. What happens is there is as a result of straining there is a tear in the muscle and part of your insides come through.If it gets squeezed and becomes strangled it can be emergency surgery. Ask your doctor if he thinks a repair should be done.