Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What does it mean to dream about a deceased family member?

I had dream last night where; my grandfather (who died almost a year ago) came up too me and asked me, "Who cried the most when I died?" I was really creeped out when I woke up. Does anyone have any idea what that dream could mean?

Downloads
    Uploads
    To dream about a dead sibling, another relative, or an acquaintance, suggests that you are longing for them and attempting to revive the times you shared. As you move through life, dreams offer an opportunity to deal with issues involving loss and grieving.

To see and talk with your dead parents in your dreams, represent your fears of losing them or your way of coping with the loss. You are using your dream as a last opportunity to say your final good-byes to them.

Me: if i was you i would be scared and creeped out too. If your Papi (grandpa) actually came to your dreams, i think he was just jocking around with you or he really wanted to know (which i think he already knows).

Who knows ~Zayra

Downloads
    Uploads
    Depends on what school of thought you believe. From a Jungian perspective all dreams are about symbols and archetypes.

So best to ask yourself questions and do some journaling:
    What does this person represent in my life? (is it values, emotions etc) Answer with first thoughts that resonate. And take your time with this. Like hours or even days.

What does death mean to me?

Then you put it in sentence format and viola that's your unconscious mind providing you with an answer. I've had dreams I had recurring as I change and grow over the years. The symbols may stay the same but the meanings change as I shift in beliefs. The idea (again Jungian) is your unconscious mind is sorting things out for you. The unconscious mind likes symbols.

You're a compilation of many experiences, values, the culture you live in and beliefs that only you can truly find an answer that is acceptable. That's why dream interpretation books don't always work because the person could come from a background totally different than yours.

I had a friend tell me that she had a dream of spiders and the book she had told her it represented eternal life (or something of that nature). I asked her personal opinion of spiders and she said she just wanted to "kill and squash them" which made better sense because the women also in the dream with the spider was a person that was negative and causing her trouble.

Hope this helps.