Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What do you think of the future of America?

This country has always been very near and dear to its citizens. However, its citizens have not been the best for it. America has always been the land of oppurtunity, freedom, liberty, justice, and wealth. As a citizen of this exquisite country I must ask about the future of our country and its reputation among the world. With everybody worried about minutes instead of hours, and hours instead of days, the tempo of society is hastening and I fear that our priorities are mixed up. Rather than worry about ourselves we're worried about the Middle East, as if another Cold War is on our hands. Instead of worrying about the economy we're worried about celebrities. And instead of eating healthy home cooked meals which secure the fabric of families and home life, we eat McDonalds, stay out to endless hours of the night working, and pay ridiculous taxes which only go to secure companies who practice faulty business practices at best. We aren't getting the justice which we deserve from a government which has been oppressive, perhaps the most oppressive we've ever seen. With everything snowballing rapidly downwards our reputation as the saviors of the world has been tarnished into one of laziness and hatred. We hate others, yet embrace them to come to America; we hate immigrants, yet force them to work for us, and for cheaper than we would ever accept; we sit on our fat lazy asses and demand the government take care of us, yet we peach anti-communism like its our jobs; in short our morals, priorities, and standards have shifted from that of a great country to that of an arrogant country. What happened to the land of the free? What happened to roads paved with gold? What happened to our country?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with everything you just said. Be prepared for all the "God bless America" people to call you a traitor and tell you to go live in France. Which is exactly the problem. First of all, I think Americans need to realize that yes we are citizens of the U.S. but also citizens of the world. We cannot strut around like the all powerful big brother and demand respect from countries who frankly have their rights to not want to be like us. Greed is a disgusting thing and I think that is what has happened. We cannot trust our food because some big wig at the FDA has it in with some big wig at kraft or something so there fore our food is not up to standards. Our medical system is a joke, I mean past the whole health insurance crisis. You never quite know if a drug has really been tested, or if a procedure is really safe in the long run (don't get me started on this.)
    Americans have a lot at their fingertips but yet choose to entertain themselves with Paris Hilton's new BFF rather than learn about the world they live in.
    Power is also a scary thing. A wise man once said "When the power of love can overcome the love of power, then the world will know peace." _Jimi Hendrix
    Every country has had its fall, and we are adolescence compared to some other countries, so we may just need to learn things the hard way.

Downloads
    Uploads
    poop its all turned to poop

Downloads
    Uploads
    Priorities? Other countries have their priorities in order--they give their children the best education for free, including education at universities.
    Justice? What justice? Do you call it justice that men who commit crimes against children get away with it scot free, but other men, who commit petty crimes sit in the prisons because of their dark skin color---or do you call it justice that one with light skin color gets a higher paycheck than one with dark skin color?
    liberty? What liberty? When I go to Europe I truly can wear what I want---over here I gotta listen to a bunch of old hags who are trying to tell me that they are Christian.....
    Land of opportunity? What opportunity? To make it? Nope---you don't get hired for your skills--you get the job because you know someone--and then you can get the opprotunity, ok......

The future of America? You want an honest answer? I don't see one---the U.S. of America is busy going down the drain---we're in a recession---and I don't think that we will be coming out of that one soon--it will last for years, and people in this country will learn for the first time what real hunger is---you know, the kind they endure in Zimbawe right now. And then, when you think that we finally are starting to recover it's 2012 and the Mayan Calendar ends Dec.21,2012---so no, I think it's over for all of us--and there is no future for the U.S.of America.....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Geez, so many questions, so little time.