Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What do you think about the future of photography?

It used to be, and still can be in many places, a piece of art; photography that is. You could spend hours outside trying to capture the perfect sunset picture, and spend even longer hours in the darkroom. Now, you can buy a 150 dollar camera, take one picture of a lake, or a sunset, and it can be considered "art." and you will be considered a photographer. What is the future of photography? What could it possibly turn in to? Can we bring the true art back around?

PS. this is for my research paper for AP english. please answer. you may give your honest opinion, and make it good

Downloads
    Uploads
    Despite the ease of use of point-n-shoot digital cameras, I still think even the average person can see the quality in a really carefully composed professional photograph. I'm not going to debate the use of film versus digital for creating a better final image. Others continue to argue that topic and I think that's the same as arguing watercolor paint versus oils (it's just the medium or the process, not the final piece, after all).

I do think a true photographer has an eye for composition, subject matter and lighting that an amateur with a cheap camera can't quite match without a lot of luck. Sure, its possible for an inexperienced amateur to have an untrained eye and capture some striking images, but I think the proof is in the pudding, as they say. Training and experience will result in a better work of art over the long run; say, a lifetime of photography versus a few holidays to tropical locations.