Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What do you think about the European Union? Future of the EU?

What is the future of the European union? Will is remain solely as an economic and somewhat political entity or will it become more powerful?

I say this because you can contrast the European situation to the Indian situation when India was a land of many kingdoms, rules by different rulers, speaking different languages and cultures. but they united. Under Ghandi. Amazing. The majority of them still speak different languages to this day, the only means of communication is Hindi and English.

So what do you think about Europe? Is this the same situation? Take the UK for example, they are extremely patriotic, (not so say that other Europeans aren't) but I can understand why they didn't adopt the Euro. It's tradition, no Briton would want to take the monarch off the bank notes.

Why were other European nations able to do this so easily? France, Germany, got rid of their monarch many many years ago, did this contribute? I know adopting the Euro is only a minor part of the EU, but I am just using it as an example.

Take this global financial crisis, This was the prime situation where countries would have the opportunity show whether or not the EU had such power. Some countries ignored the EU laws and went their own ways to protect their economies. I don't remember the exact scenario but it was something like that.

Say if some major conflict arose, hypothetical WWIII type scenario. Do you believe the Spanish military would defend Greece (on the other side of the continent) if the need arose in order to benefit from the greater good? Or would Spain look out for Spain and Spain only?

So is the EU going to stay as an economic union only, or will it gain more powers? Will Europeans be able to one day act as one?
    Archary, the unification of India was not globalization? The unfication of Germany was not globalization? The unification of the United States was not globalization?

If it was up to you, would you want the US to still be segregated into it's different states, the rebublic of texas would be a country, India would be a land of many different independent kingdoms, Germany wouldn't exist, instead it would be saxony, bavaria, etc.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The EU is globalization so I hope it fails. I think it will anyway when the West goes to war with/accpets a war on Iran or Russia.