Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Which way would you prefer your future to be?

My partner and I are finding it hard to work out how we'd like our ideal future to be together ; we were discussing it last night so its still on my mind, so I was looking for ideas of how you have already prioritised your life and why you preferred/disliked it that way?

We're just starting to look at the next step in our relationship which is as solid as it can be for our position right now ; but money is a big factor at the moment.

We'd ideally prefer to get a house (we currently rent, so i mean to buy a house), then get married, and then have kids.

But money wise, we'd have to wait a couple of years until we have got a big enough deposit for the house ; and once we've done that we would then have to wait a long time to afford a wedding (due to high mortgage rates it'd be harder to save) ; and buy then I would have preffered children earlier.

So another option would have been to get married, have kids, then look for a house - but that way, we'd be losing all our money in renting instead of investing.

We also then got confused to whether we should have children first, and then house or marriage.

So what did you prefer doing yourself, and why?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Would you rather struggle to provide for your children, but have them sooner or would you rather wait until you can afford to give them anything their precious hearts desire? I think you should go with your first instinct. A house is a solid investment. I would wait to get a nice deposit for the house, then wait a couple of more years and pay monthly on your mortgage and get some of it paid off, then have children once my mortgage payment was low enough. Children are expensive: diapers, daycare, schooling, summer camps, extracurricular activities, Christmas, family vacations to Disney World, weekly allowances, college.... along with any other emergencies and expenses that come along the way.

PS- A wedding doesn't have to be expensive. Why drop 20,000 dollars on one day in your life? There are lots of questions on Yahoo Answers how to have a wedding on a strict budget- sometimes $2000 or less! Check it out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Would you rather struggle to provide for your children, but have them sooner or would you rather wait until you can afford to give them anything their precious hearts desire? I think you should go with your first instinct. A house is a solid investment. I would wait to get a nice deposit for the house, then wait a couple of more years and pay monthly on your mortgage and get some of it paid off, then have children once my mortgage payment was low enough. Children are expensive: diapers, daycare, schooling, summer camps, extracurricular activities, Christmas, family vacations to Disney World, weekly allowances, college.... along with any other emergencies and expenses that come along the way.

PS- A wedding doesn't have to be expensive. Why drop 20,000 dollars on one day in your life? There are lots of questions on Yahoo Answers how to have a wedding on a strict budget- sometimes $2000 or less! Check it out.