Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

And these are the future generations? ?

I just saw on the news about a 13 year old girl who charged 00.00 at 14500 text messages in the span of a month. Now, her punishment was simply no texting after dinner.... does this make much sense? Who is to blame? I blame the parents. What kind of parent would give their 13 year old a phone? I once saw a 10 year old sitting on the bus with a cell phone, what life could that little child possibly have that is soooo in need of a cell phone? Why are kids trying to grow up so fast? I never had a phone until I could buy it myself and pay it out of my own pocket with my own JOB. These kids are using their parents phones (NOT YOURS YOU DON'T PAY FOR IT), charging hundreds of dollars a month. And do they deserve it? Some kids do deserve that kind of responsibility because there are many wonderful children who know the value of dollars and love responsibility, but some brats simply don't know when to draw the line. They take and take and take because they can. I don't care what any kid has to say, seeing a person under the age of 16 with a cell phone makes me physically ill. What's so important that needs a cell phone? Now don't say "because my parents need to get ahold of me" that's a good reason yes, but text messaging your friends? About WHAT? what you'll wear to ur next school dance or pep rally? That's just rediculous, do people not know how to talk face to face anymore? I was the first of all my friends to own a cell phone, and I earned it. Another thing about spoiled brats, I overheard a kid in the mall once say "daddy i know you just got me a ps3 but could you please buy me a nintendo DS?" WHAT IS THAT? I truly hope that father said no. If any kid of mine dared say those words, a swift kick in the behind might be in order; verbally anyways. No respect from these children of today I swear.

I know I know my question sounds angry, I'm really not angry, I just write expressively. I'm hyper and I really want to emphasize what I feel inside. Sorry if I come off as ranting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    what gets me are those teens texting inside movies and worst inside churches

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's true, some kids are rediculously spoiled. this is not always the case though...
    i am 18, and last year, due to a misunderstanding with my cell phone plan, i sent about 4000 text messages in a day (i was messing with a friend, lol), but it turned out that i didn't have unlimited texts. the cell phone service was very nice about it though, and gave me an unlimited plan and backdated it so that i didn't have to pay. the 13 year old girl may have gotten a similar deal.

i don't think that there's anything wrong with children having cell phones. yes, they can talk face to face, and often do so. however, it is very often nice to be able to text a friend if you can't meet in person. there is a simple reason for why young kids have cell phones, and NO, it's not because future generations are more spoiled. it is because cell phone technology has become extremely common. when you were a child, no kids had cell phones only because they weren't nearly as available as they are now. if parents can get a cheap cell phone and family plan, i don't see anything wrong with giving kids phones. since when is more contact with friends and other people a bad thing?

Downloads
    Uploads
    To long of a question!

Downloads
    Uploads
    The length of your question is not the issue. I believe what you have written 110%. The parents are to blame.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree, a lot of kids now a days are completely spoiled and don't know the value of their parents let alone there parents money.

My 12 year old neighbor has a phone and I can hear her in her room at night ON CHAT LINES! that's ridiculous.

not all kids are bad though, I've had a phone since I was fourteen, I dont know where I would be without it, some kids are responsible and 'during my 7th grade I was in track and a local teen magazine and student counsel and interning at the city council office, thats mainly what I used my phone for.

don't be to quick to judge, but I know what you mean and its completely ridiculous, I'm afraid to see what the worlds going to be like when the youngest generation inherits it