Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are there any REAL predictions that modern science backs up?

My father recently tried to tell me the Bible knew and said before anyone else that the earth was sperical. In about 2 minutes of research I easily refuted that notorious claim. I then found a list of supposed facts the bible predicted at http://www.raptureforums.com/bibleprophecy/101science.cfm but these are all extremely vague with many being absolutely ludicrous. Are there any actual good ones?

Downloads
    Uploads
    yes But I'm not going to do the work for you.read the BIBLE then look at history

Downloads
    Uploads
    No matter what, they will take a prediction and try to make it fit into what happening now. Case in point, Nostradamus had 2 predictions, one that the sky would burn at 45 degrees and the other was the fall of the 2 brothers. They put these two together and said "Look, Nostradamus predicted the 9/11 attacks. No, they were wrong. I'm not sure what the 2 brothers were pointing to, but the sky burning at 45 degrees, New York City's latitude is 41, not 45. However, Comet Hail Bop ascended to a height of 44 degrees 56 minutes in the sky & it was so bright that it did appear that the sky was indeed burning, at 45 degrees.

Downloads
    Uploads
    IDK, but it does say in the bible that when the rapture happens one man will be in the fields harvesting wheat and another man will be sleeping in the night. Day and night simultaneously infers a sphere...unless of course you believe that it can be both day and night in the same town.
    Just food for thought dude.
    Also the bible never predicts the rapture. Only man does that. When men came and asked jesus when it would happen He told them point blank, "no one knows the time, not even the angels."

My answer to these silly predictors is the same answer that Jesus gave them" always be ready for the time to come".

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, nor do you have to prove any of it. Bad ancient poetry and fiction, does not have any predictions that relate to science.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Your daddy is wrong. People of that time thought that the world was FLAT.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth." Isaiah 11:12

Downloads
    Uploads
    hey, thatkid : It is] he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof [are] as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

i dont know about predictions... but i got science that backs up the bible...

im gotta go soon, so i am gonna copy and paste from a previous answer i posted, hope you dont mind.

leading evolutionists are abandoning gradulism, and darwin, and this is why.

now their are 2 types of evolution, micro, and macro. i definatley beleive in micro, micro evolution is the small changes between species, but with in the species wall, so you gotta be careful in your use of the general word of evolution. anyways, time for the fun to start.

macro evlolution, pretty much if your talking about the evolution of animals to man and all of that, is dog turned into the cat over many steps and a long period of time.(dont get mad at me for using these animals, if you would like to pick your own animals, please fill in the spaces. i use dogs and cats, because we all can understand them.)

the fossil record. their have literaly been millions of fossils discovered, and what i find interesting is that their has yet to be a transitional fossil found(the stages between the dog and the cat) 0 for any species. when darwin was theorizing, their were few fossils discovered, so he figured they would turn up in due time.

also, they say they can judge the age of a fossil by the layer it is in. their have been verticle trees going through many layers at once. what you are trying to tell me, is it took millions if not billions of years for those layers to form... and those trees didnt decay at all???

ok, lets turn to rock dating. rock dating is incredibly complex, but i will try to explain it in a short amount of time. carbon 14 for instance, has a half life(it looses 50% of its molecules every) of 5700 years. carbon 12 in a rock or whatever you are measuring doesnt change. so you can measure the amount of age, based on the difference in ratios of c12 to c14. c14 can only be acuratley measured to about 50000 years. EVERY SINGLE THING, EVER TESTED WITH CARBON DATING HAS HAD A MEASURABLE AMOUNT OF CARBON 14. meaning it is less then 50000 years. other dating methods work the same way. ironicaly, you could take a fossil into 3 different labs, and come up with 3 different ages, millions if not billions of years apart. if you use 5 different methods, same lab, same fossil, you will get billions of years different.

the big bang, was what, and explosion or whatever. if the big bang, before it expanded, was really their, then it would have been spinning. if it was spinning, then everything inside would be spinning same way when it finaly expanded. how come we have several planets in our solar system alone that spin backwards?

im making this pretty lengthy... i could really go on all day.

i would be surprised is 5% of you read the entire thing, but every single one of these defy evolution, and build up the bible.

if you got questions, arguments, comments, or concerns feel free to send them to [email protected] if you want more like the stuff above. just ask, would be glad to help out.