Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are there any better calculators than the TI-Nspire coming out for use in the...

...near future? I was planning on buying a TI-Nspire for 10th grade for my Pre-Calculus class. My TI-84 Plus Silver Edition has a damaged screen, and it costs 80 dollars to fix it so i thought I'd just get a new calculator. If anyone can give me links on deals with this calculator online it would be of great help. Maybe a nice deal on shipping and handling. Also I am wondering if this calculator will help me through AP Calculus AB and BC. I know there are even better calculators out there but they can't be used on the PSAT and ACT tests which might be to my disadvantage. Last question is, does the TI-Nspire come with a 'shell' to cover the screen and the keypad like the TI-84 does?

Downloads
    Uploads
    the ti-nspire will be all you need through high school and college. It is the highest scientific/graphics calculator by Texas Instruments. try to get the Ti-Nspire CAS. I think it is slightly better.

Downloads
    Uploads
    the ti-nspire will be all you need through high school and college. It is the highest scientific/graphics calculator by Texas Instruments. try to get the Ti-Nspire CAS. I think it is slightly better.

Downloads
    Uploads
    if you have a laptop there are alot of free programs that are really good

and for free

Unregistered
    The CAS Isn't allowed on AP Testing nor is it for the ACT and if you're taking AP Calculus AB and BC like i am, then you will most likely take the AP Test, so the CAS isn't recommended, the nspire itself is amazing , its got a computer software so keyboard shortcuts are amazing, expeciallly if you need to copy and paste long equations that need to have like one thing fixed, rather than typing it all out again

Downloads
    Uploads
    How fast compared to what? They are always faster than their operators. Do you mean internal clock speed? Some of the more popular TI scientific models have a clock speed between 10-15MHz. See link below.