Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't care, it's not like if the parents want the child to be straight, they will be.

I'm kind of offended though, although I don't really care.

If I were a parent, then my child's sexuality doesn't matter to me.

Downloads
    Uploads

Straight parents or future parents Do you want your children to grow up

Straight or Gay or dont you care? Im a straight guy and when I have kids I want them to grow up Straight, Im not homophobic or nothing, I want grandchildren and I just want them to be straight because I would rather them be that.

All Straight parents do you want your children to grow up straight or gay, or you might not care. Honest answers please.

Gay people, Are you offended when parents want their children to grow up Straight, not gay?
    Good answers everyone.
    I find that some of yall are too scared to say whether...

Downloads
    Uploads
    My children are grown now. However, my feelings on this subject are no different now than on the day they were born. Our goals were that our kids would grow up to be healthy, decent caring, responsible adults. We are both quite proud that all three of our children have done that. As for sexuality, well, to tell you the truth we never gave it much thought. I have always thought it ridiculous to define who a human being is strictly by ones sexuality.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I want my son to grow up straight because I believe homosexuality is a sin.

Junior Member Chrisabutdifferente's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i might be biased seen as i like guys, but i really wouldnt be bothered either way, as long as they knew how to look after themselves.

Downloads
    Uploads
    To me the sexuality of children i may have is of no concern to me . My thought are of their health . Being able to live a full healthy happy life . their sexual preference isn't important . Gay , strait or unic it shouldn't matter . As long as they are born healthy . Have a nice day

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know if I'm going to have children one day, but if I do, I'll love them no matter which sexuality have have.

I wouldn't be offended if my child turned out to be straight. I'd still support him or her just like I would if they were gay, or lesbian, or bisexual, or transgender.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are more than one question in your content. I am not straight. Therefore I will attempt to answer your second question. I understand that parents expect their children to be straight. I am not offended by that. Understandably, it may be hard to accept something unexpected. Many parents start making plans for their kids years before the kids are even born. Many times it is very hard to accept surprises in life... I also understand that many straight people have very close gay friends, but that does not automatically prepare parents to accept their kids if they were homosexual. Many times it is easy to have a very close gay friend, but not as easy to have a gay kid. I watched a movie, I do not remember its name, on the channel Lifetime. The movie was about a lesbian whose mother had a very close gay friend. However, the mother struggled a great deal accepting the homosexuality of her daughter. In the movie, the mother fully accepted her daughter's homosexuality ad the end, but that does not always happen... so yes, people may accept homosexuality under certain conditions, and not just unconditionally. In that movie, when the daughter came out to her mom, the mother disapproved her homosexuality. Then the daughter told her mom that her best friend was a gay guy. However, her mom replied "but it is not the same thing." The movie ended with the mother participating in gay crowd event. At the end of the movie, it mentioned that it was based on a true story.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As a gay person, my hope is that parents provide a home in which their kids can grow up to be themselves and feel positive about who they are. Creating negativity around sexual orientation is only going to lead to negative outcomes.